Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Logos & Graphics

Title
    Thanks

Question Logos & Graphics

Hello all, I'm new to all this. I'm trying to change the logos displayed on screen when my STB starts and reboots.

I have found Enigma boot editor and it changes SOME of my logos but NOT all. In particular I'm looking to change the shutdown logo (if it even is a logo)

Also, I have found two different file locations that appear to contain logos (AVI files) with the same name. A bit confusing. There are some in etc/enigma2/bootlogo.mvi with the same filename here also....usr/share/bootlogo.mvi

Any help appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysat View Post
    There are some in etc/enigma2/bootlogo.mvi with the same filename here also....usr/share/bootlogo.mvi
    The ones in /etc/enigma2 will be used in preference to those in /usr/share/... That allows you to put the one you want into /etc/enigma2 (which is for your settings) and leave the standard files in place. Which means that your changes survive over updates.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Kaysat (14-11-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello all, I'm new to all this. I'm trying to change the logos displayed on screen when my STB starts and reboots.

I have found Enigma boot editor and it changes SOME of my logos but NOT all. In particular I'm looking to change the shutdown logo (if it even is a logo)

Also, I have found two different file locations that appear to contain logos (AVI files) with the same name. A bit confusing. There are some in etc/enigma2/bootlogo.mvi with the same filename here also....usr/share/bootlogo.mvi

Any help appreciated.

I don't believe all the logos are supported/implemented but see

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ghlight=xorion

The software will produce the relevant .mvi screen images
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Kaysat (14-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    The ones in /etc/enigma2 will be used in preference to those in /usr/share/... That allows you to put the one you want into /etc/enigma2 (which is for your settings) and leave the standard files in place. Which means that your changes survive over updates.
    Great thanks, I'll try that. Do you know if the screen that is displayed when you select "Restart" ("Your EVO Nova box is restarting") is an AVI file stored in etc/enigma2 or where is it located?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    I don't believe all the logos are supported/implemented but see

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ghlight=xorion

The software will produce the relevant .mvi screen images
    Sorry, I should have mentioned, I have tried that application. It replaces some of the logos. But the logo or screen that appears when you restart (which I presume is the reboot logo) the box remains unchanged.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Are you referring to the logo used by receiver (very first one after your boot) or logo used by image?

Title
    Thanks
    Great thanks, I'll try that. Do you know if the screen that is displayed when you select "Restart" ("Your EVO Nova box is restarting") is an AVI file stored in etc/enigma2 or where is it located?
    There are no AVI files in an enigma2 build. there are mvi files (which are m1v files under a different name).
    I think the "box is restarting" screen is actually just displaying a text message.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    If it is the receiver/manufacturer logo, it is a bitmap file that must be flashed to the receiver.

Have a look at unpacked image files, you will see a splash.bmp. resolution must be same. You can flash just the picture by maintaining the folder structure, not using the other files.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Are you referring to the logo used by receiver (very first one after your boot) or logo used by image?
    This is the screen that is displayed after the box boots up, when I select Restart, the box shuts down and displays a message saying "your evo nova combo is rebooting" I'm guessing it's from the image and not the box.

Title
    Thanks
    That would be the screen produced by this code in Screens/Standby.py.

Code:
    class QuitMainloopScreen(Screen):
            def __init__(self, session, retvalue=1):
                    self.skin = """<screen name="QuitMainloopScreen" position="fill" flags="wfNoBorder">
                                    <ePixmap pixmap="icons/input_info.png" position="c-27,c-60" size="53,53" alphatest="on" />
                                    <widget name="text" position="center,c+5" size="720,100" font="Regular;22" halign="center" />
                            </screen>"""
                    Screen.__init__(self, session)
                    from Components.Label import Label
                    text = { 1: _("Your %s %s is shutting down") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
                            2: _("Your %s %s is rebooting") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
                            3: _("The user interface of your %s %s is restarting") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
                            4: _("Your frontprocessor will be upgraded\nPlease wait until your %s %s reboots\nThis may take a few minutes") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
                            5: _("The user interface of your %s %s is restarting\ndue to an error in mytest.py") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
                            42: _("Upgrade in progress\nPlease wait until your %s %s reboots\nThis may take a few minutes") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()),
                            43: _("Reflash in progress\nPlease wait until your %s %s reboots\nThis may take a few minutes") % (getMachineBrand(), getMachineName()) }.get(retvalue)
                    self["text"] = Label(text)
    It's not an image from a static file.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Kaysat (17-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Just remembered, we don't make an image for that receiver.