Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: FUZZY pink, blue, green lines across screen..................

Title
    Thanks

Exclamation FUZZY pink, blue, green lines across screen..................

Can anyone help as to why its doing this?.

When i boot the box up, it shows this image for a couple seconds: https://i.imgur.com/x1qkl5W.jpg

Then it goes blank (no signal).

The box does appear to boot up as the LCD display says so. I can access it via FTP and I can access webilf, albeit i cannot view any channels (Doesn't work).

I have changed HDMI ports and HDMI cable with no success.

Could my HDMI port be faulty or other chips? anyone seen it before?.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

FUZZY pink, blue, green lines across screen..................

It looks like a hdmi handshake error. I used to get a similar thing if I had left my sky box on whilst trying to watch my technomate.
    Try switching off or removing any other hdmi devices before powering on the technomate box.
    You could also check what resolution is on technomTe via webif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

j4g3d (13-11-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j4g3d View Post
    Can anyone help as to why its doing this?.

When i boot the box up, it shows this image for a couple seconds: https://i.imgur.com/x1qkl5W.jpg

Then it goes blank (no signal).

The box does appear to boot up as the LCD display says so. I can access it via FTP and I can access webilf, albeit i cannot view any channels (Doesn't work).

I have changed HDMI ports and HDMI cable with no success.

Could my HDMI port be faulty or other chips? anyone seen it before?.
    That initial boot up image is being detected by your TV as a low data rate signals (480p) but it looks as if the timing has almost completely failed in that the HDMI clock is not synchronized with the HDMI data and/or the data lines are not synchronized to each other. Possibly a cable failure where one of the lines or shields has become open circuit but as you have swapped cables unlikely.

You get a blank screen afterwards probably because your box goes from outputting a fairly low resolution Technomate boot video to the much higher video resolution for the VIX image boot screen and/or the higher video resolution you have set for normal viewing. The TV cannot cope with a corrupted signal at a much higher bit rate and has given up.

As you seem to have tied all the obvious fault finding - as a last resort cold reboot both your box and TV by removing the mains power for, say, 60 seconds (to let internal box voltages to fully die) before switching back on the mains. Put your box into standby/deep standby before pulling the plug.

Also examine the HDMI port on the back of the box - are any of the contacts misaligned or is the outer shell of the connector loose?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

j4g3d (13-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Just to let you know, today I replaced the HDMI port altogether. I am handy with the soldering iron and I pinched the HDMI port from a faulty VU+ solo2 I had.

Same problem.

I've connected the box to my bedroom TV which has nothing else attached to it, and its the same issue there too. It has also been disconnected from the power source over night.

I spoke with technomate HQ and they said its POSSIBLY a technomate software glitch and that they'll send me new software to try fix it myself. Instead of waiting for this software, does anyone know where I could download it?.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

I spoke with technomate HQ and they said its POSSIBLY a technomate software glitch and that they'll send me new software to try fix it myself. Instead of waiting for this software, does anyone know where I could download it?.
    Its not software, something feeding HDMI out has failed.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Its not software, something feeding HDMI out has failed.
    Damn, I guess its one to add to the scrap pile then?.

I have done all that i can think of.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Damn, I guess its one to add to the scrap pile then?.

I have done all that i can think of.
    Not a cure but if your Web interface is still working try changing the AV menu video resolution to 480p/480i and see if you can rid of the black screen. If its a hardware fault then you will/may still get the corrupted type of picture you see when the box displays the Technomate splash screen. Then try putting the AV video resolution back to 1080i.

I can access webilf, albeit i cannot view any channels (Doesn't work).
    Could it be more fundamental such as a failing power supply? A failing capacitor could allow high frequencies from a switched mode supply onto one of the power lines and in turn these high frequencies could be superimposed on the box's outputs and corrupt the data.
    Last edited by adm; 13-11-17 at 18:41.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Not a cure but if your Web interface is still working try changing the AV menu video resolution to 480p/480i and see if you can rid of the black screen. If its a hardware fault then you will/may still get the corrupted type of picture you see when the box displays the Technomate splash screen. Then try putting the AV video resolution back to 1080i.

Could it be more fundamental such as a failing power supply? A failing capacitor could allow high frequencies from a switched mode supply onto one of the power lines and in turn these high frequencies could be superimposed on the box's outputs and corrupt the data.
    Thanks for this info. I have managed to use the menu system and change AV settings fine. But there's still no signal on the tv screen from this box.

I didn't know you could access the full menu in webif.

If a failing CAP was at fault, is there any way to test them?. I've inspected them and none are physically popped.