Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABM - Failed to tune (cable)

Title
    Thanks

ABM - Failed to tune (cable)

Hi There,

I'm having trouble getting ABM to work on a new box (Vu+ Solo4K - cable). Every time it comes back with the following error...

"Failed to tune Virgin IE on tuner H.
    Please check the tuner is correctly configured."

I think I have my tuners setup correctly, if I auto scan I get all the expected channels and if I put on a custom bouquet the channels clear with SNR 100%, AGC 99%. I've tried to update the config files but it seems as though they are up to date. I'm attaching my log here, if anyone has time to look and give any tips or advice that would be great!!

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I presume this is the Uno 4K you bought, not a Solo 4K. Important for tuner issues.

Anyway, the error message is stating error on tuner H but you screenshot is of Tuner A.

Can you double check the tuner configuration of tuner H?
    Check you can receiver 299000 KHz, 6887 symbol rate, QAM 64 on Tuner H in signal finder. Please post a screenshot of it.
    Check you can receiver 299000 KHz, 6887 symbol rate, QAM 256 on Tuner H in signal finder. Please post a screenshot of it.
    Please also attach your two lamedb files. They are located in /etc/enigma2/ You will need to zip them before you can attach them.

Just for reference purposes
    Code:
    <   466.856> [ABM-config] providers:  cable_ie_mk2:hd_43217:189:

<   428.541> [NimManager] slotname = Tuner A, slotdescription = Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148), multitype = 0
    <   428.542> [NimManager] slotname = Tuner B, slotdescription = Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148), multitype = 0
    <   428.542> [NimManager] slotname = Tuner C, slotdescription = Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148), multitype = 0
    <   428.542> [NimManager] slotname = Tuner D, slotdescription = Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148), multitype = 0
    <   428.542> [NimManager] slotname = Tuner E, slotdescription = Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148), multitype = 0
    <   428.542> [NimManager] slotname = Tuner F, slotdescription = Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148), multitype = 0
    <   428.542> [NimManager] slotname = Tuner G, slotdescription = Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148), multitype = 0
    <   428.542> [NimManager] slotname = Tuner H, slotdescription = Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148), multitype = 0

<   467.392> [eDVBFrontend] tuning to 299000 khz, sr 6887000, fec 0, modulation 0, inversion 2

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bomberbuckley (11-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hey Abu,

Thanks for getting back to me! Okay I'm attaching the requested screen shots and files here. Yup it is an Uno 4K! (losing my marbles last night when I posted 1st!). I should also say that the receiver was put in client mode to sync with my solo2 as well so there will be lots of BskyB info on some bouquets. Can't see why but this may have something to do with my troubles?

Anyway thanks again

Title
    Thanks
    Lamedb files attached here...

Title
    Thanks
    You are checking the wrong frequency.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You are checking the wrong frequency.
    Wooops!

Sorry about that, I had made a mistake with my screengrabs and when I went went to redo I never change the frequency :/
    Correct details now attached and with a strong signal...

Title
    Thanks
    Can you update your config/provider files in the ABM menu. Once it has updated, try ABM again please.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bomberbuckley (12-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hey Abu,

Sorry about the delay, I was away from the box until now. I had updated the config files numerous times before and it said there was nothing to update. Just tried again there and it updated the virgin IE files and now it works

Not sure what the difference was but it's up and running now! Thanks a mill for your help on this!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bomberbuckley For This Useful Post:

cactikid (18-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bomberbuckley View Post
    Hey Abu,

Sorry about the delay, I was away from the box until now. I had updated the config files numerous times before and it said there was nothing to update. Just tried again there and it updated the virgin IE files and now it works

Not sure what the difference was but it's up and running now! Thanks a mill for your help on this!
    got this issue with cable updating frequencies. I have come from an easy set up image that has dropped support for cable due to changes

Anyway trying to update config but it is coming up wwrong version 2.8> 2.9 on fresh vix install. I can not find any where to update ABM. Any help gratefully accepted

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ooogemaflop View Post
    got this issue with cable updating frequencies. I have come from an easy set up image that has dropped support for cable due to changes

Anyway trying to update config but it is coming up wwrong version 2.8> 2.9 on fresh vix install. I can not find any where to update ABM. Any help gratefully accepted
    Hi There - I have an OS Mega on v5.0.032 OpenVix, AND I have exactly the same issue as I try up "Update Config Files" for ABM

@abu baniaz is pretty hot on ABM, so perhaps he can shed some light please? ABM has probably been updated, and we will get in the next release; perhaps in the meantime there is a patch? Thanks
    Last edited by sigpark; 18-11-17 at 15:49.

Title
    Thanks
    What is the issue? Failed to tune or can't update?

If you cant tune, please provide log.

If cant update, why do you want updated config file?

(We've bumped the version so that we can remove the temp PID hacks for virgin)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

sigpark (18-11-17)

Title
    Thanks

Its VM changed the frequency of 000016 again I am assuming anyway. There is no signal no lock nothing. I will have a look at how you post logs this is my first time here

(We've bumped the version so that we can remove the temp PID hacks for virgin) sorry I have no idea what that means

The latest update of ABM on git says he updated VM today but it comes down as a zip and I have no idea what to do with it
    Last edited by ooogemaflop; 18-11-17 at 17:46.

Title
    Thanks
    Here is an updated xml file with the frequency changed (there are no PID hacks). Transfer it to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

In the same folder, delete providers.cache

18. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ooogemaflop (18-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    will give it a go cheers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Apologies if I wasn't clear - I am trying to update the config files only to keep the associated Regional / FreeSat etc. Bouquets up-to-date. As you know, over time if you do not do this many "dead" channels get left behind on 28.2 as well as also checking for changes on SaorView.

Today what actually triggered my action was a couple of channels were not working on 28.2, but they are fine now. Thanks for all the help - no worries, and assume this 2.8 >2.9 "thingy" will be corrected in future release.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast