Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Narrator voice on Virgin channels

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Narrator voice on Virgin channels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Narrator voice on Virgin channels

hi all. ever since i've updated my software online,I keep getting the narrators voice on most of the hd channels. It was fine before that and i've not changed any settings. I have 2 boxes a vu solo se and a xtrend 10000, they are both having the same issues. I have tried the audio button on my remote but there is only 1 option there NAR. it wont let mechange the NAR option. Any ideas please?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The AC3 audio usually does not have the narration, do you have that setup properly.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    The AC3 audio usually does not have the narration, do you have that setup properly.
    I have the same problem lincsat, not only narration on movies but sound gone completely on some sshd channels and eurosport 1 and 2 HD so something has changed at VM's end i think

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee®kat View Post
    I have the same problem lincsat, not only narration on movies but sound gone completely on some sshd channels and eurosport 1 and 2 HD so something has changed at VM's end i think
    I've just checked mine, & I've got the same issue. No sound on sly sports main event & eurosport 1 & 2

Title
    Thanks
    Hi i am really not good with tech and i have a miracle box supplied to me with openvix, i too have the NAR option only on HD movies. are you saying this is something virgin have done and not a fault on my audio settings? thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lidgy319 View Post
    Hi i am really not good with tech and i have a miracle box supplied to me with openvix, i too have the NAR option only on HD movies. are you saying this is something virgin have done and not a fault on my audio settings? thanks
    Its an issue for everyone and nobody seems to know the cause of this either manually edit the PID,s as posted above or just use the SD version of the effected channels till a better solution is found thats all im doing.

Title
    Thanks
    As far as I know..i never had the problem until today. I've set the language to English but I'm getting the narrator on the movie channels.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's all over the forums. What are VM up to now! :-)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangord30 View Post
    What are VM up to now! :-)
    No good by looks of it :-( , VM must be sending a new audio stream that 3rd party boxes dont seem to be able to recognize, hopefully image creators can find a quick fix or more than likely an image upgrade but i aint holding my breath.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mee®kat For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (10-11-17),tagteam3283 (11-11-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    No good by looks of it :-( , VM must be sending a new audio stream that 3rd party boxes dont seem to be able to recognize, hopefully image creators can find a quick fix or more than likely an image upgrade but i aint holding my breath.
    So you don't expect a quick fix?

Streaming to VLC and Kodi on a pc appears to work ok (another image forum).
    Last edited by ccs; 10-11-17 at 17:33.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    So you don't expect a quick fix?

I dont know, i said hopefully,, whats the problem

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I dont know, i said hopefully,, whats the problem
    "but I aint holding my breath" usual means "I don't expect something to happen anytime soon".

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can fix this by altering the lamedb with an editor like e-channelizer. You need to manually set the AC3 Audio PID and the Video PID then disable the automatic updating. On Sky News HD for example, Video PID is 309 and AC3 Audio PID is 331.

Looks like VM have altered the stream information so the Enigma boxes can't read it properly

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (10-11-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can fix this by altering the lamedb with an editor like e-channelizer. You need to manually set the AC3 Audio PID and the Video PID then disable the automatic updating. On Sky News HD for example, Video PID is 309 and AC3 Audio PID is 331.

Looks like VM have altered the stream information so the Enigma boxes can't read it properly
    I’ve tried this but still no sound? Could you post a screenshot from e-channelizer please?
    Octagon SF4008 (1tb hdd - Openvix 5.1) Edision Combo (8gb USB - Openvix 5.1)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by khan888 View Post
    I’ve tried this but still no sound? Could you post a screenshot from e-channelizer please?
    Not right now as working from an old and slow lappy. You do need to set the 1st 3 flags to on to stop your changes being overwritten

Edit: I think I've managed it

EC.jpg
    Last edited by lincsat; 10-11-17 at 18:47. Reason: Added screengrab

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

1999gtv (10-11-17),Bangord30 (10-11-17),dsayers (10-11-17),khan888 (10-11-17)

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast