Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: PICONS with channel Logos only

Title
    Thanks

PICONS with channel Logos only

Hi All,

First post to the forums! :-)

I just bought a Mut@nt HD51 and I'm learning how to use it. There's a couple of questions I could do with your help.

1. PICONS

I've downloaded the MK 220×132 SNP Picons which look very nice, but do not suit us in a functional sense. The channel logos within these picons are too small to identify easily, when scanning quickly the channel list to find a particular channel.

Is there a set picons which provides only the channel logos for Freeview?

Also, the EPG does not show the picons next to the channel name. Can this be turned on somewhere?

2. EPG CONTENT

We only have Freeview and the EIT EPG is enabled. I noticed there are other CrossEPG options, OpenTV, XMLTV, but I am not sure if these are needed, or if they provide additional information compared to EIT EPG for vanilla Freeview over a terrestrial aerial. Do they offer extended info on the content of the program, cast, ratings, etc. I haven't tried any of these yet to avoid creating duplicates, populating databases, etc. What is the recommended set up for Freeview EPG?
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Freeview EPG will be obtained as soon as you tune to a service. No need for plugins to obtain the EPG.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Mickkie (06-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you very much abu baniaz!

The picons you suggested are what I was looking for and the post helped me find the setting used to make them visible within the EPG.

Regarding saving the EPG on the USB stick, I noticed the Autosave option was off. Should it be?
    Kind regards,

Mick

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

PICONS with channel Logos only

No need for autosave. Just make sure you shut down the receiver instead of using the rocker switch.