Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: [INQUIRY] OPENVIX for newbie

Title
    Thanks

Question [INQUIRY] OPENVIX for newbie

Hi and greetings to all,
    I am new here and i just know openvix via google. So far i had visited the official site and read regarding few item.
    1) Looks like openvix only support certain receivers (which i deemed to be tvbox in lay man term). Is the any other receivers which is not listed in the list ( I have mibox right now )
    2) If my receiver in (1) is not in the list, is there any generic tutorial (Again, apologize as i don't see it in this forum) that i can read and learn on installing this ?
    3) If there is no way for me to install openvix in the receiver i have, any alternative similar software i can explore ?
    Again, sorry if i posted this in wrong section
    Thanks alot guys for spending time in reading this and advise.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry but Vix don't not and never will support clone receivers. The list you see is exhaustive...
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (30-10-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks duoduo for enlightened me..
    Just a follow up question, in this case do u know any of the receivers here available in Malaysia ? Looks like i cant see any in retail shop.
    By the way, for this OpenVix setup, what is the requirement ? Do i need a satellite dish or existing cable connection will do ?
    Actually now i am still evaluating whether i should install KODI in my current Mibox (Which i know is doable, i just need to find out the step) or opt for a new receivers.

Title
    Thanks
    the mibox u have is android, where as openvix is for enigma2 receivers

Title
    Thanks
    I had search around, seems like engima2 is a receivers based on linux.
    Second, is OpenVix a chargeable service ? Reason i had asked this is due to I had came across this is a legal subscribed TV service compared to parabola. So if this is the case i am on OpenVix (Not sure if Malaysia have this service), how do i subscribe to them, and pay ?
    As of now, i am still shallow and blur regarding OpenVix. I had googled around and seems like not really much info i get, most of them is regarding on dealing on the receivers itself. Anyone here can provide any link for me to understand this further, especially how to set this thing up.
    1) Is this service available in Malaysia ?
    2) What is the receivers i need to buy ? I know there is couple of them in the list, but i had googled most of them and none are in Malaysia.
    3) Do i need a satellite dish on this setup ? I don't see them provided on the receiver's list. But, i do read there is setting on the LNB in the manual provided, so i presume is needed. If yes, any specification on the dish, can it be bought ?

Title
    Thanks
    Enigma2 (OpenVix is a flavor of Enigma2) is firmware for saterlite, cable, terestial and IPTV settop boxes, it is not a content provider nor does it require a subscription. In itself it will not provide you with any channels. To get the channels you will need to to connect it to a content provider that could be on a subscription bases or free. You would know better than us what content providers are available in your home country.

Be aware that not all content providers will work with Enigma2 hardware. The best this to do would be to work out which content provider you what to use and work back from there.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    Enigma2 (OpenVix is a flavor of Enigma2) is firmware for saterlite, cable, terestial and IPTV settop boxes, it is not a content provider nor does it require a subscription. In itself it will not provide you with any channels. To get the channels you will need to to connect it to a content provider that could be on a subscription bases or free. You would know better than us what content providers are available in your home country.

Be aware that not all content providers will work with Enigma2 hardware. The best this to do would be to work out which content provider you what to use and work back from there.
    That was great, at least i got some idea now.. In this case, can i say KODI also one of the firmware for satellite ? Only thing is, it is not Linux based.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

[INQUIRY] OPENVIX for newbie

Some satellite receivers run Kodi via a plugin NOT firmware, but personally use a dedicated media device for Kodi, a far better user experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)