Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: openvpn problems

Title
    Thanks

openvpn problems

Hi

Openvpn on my Xtrend ET8000 not working and im unable to get it to start, does anyone know how to fix or have an alternative as some channels will not work because of this

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can we have more information please. What openvpn provider. What files are you using etc.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Moved out of download section

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (24-10-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi

Unsure which version i have but it is the one istalled on my box it is constantly on the stopped position and when i try to get it running it wont. a need a step by step guide on what files i need and how to do it if possible

thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok. I can work out from your answers that you are unsure how Openvpn works on an enigma2 box. Don't worry you're not on your own.
    The openvpn on your box will not work unless you add you're configuration files. These can be downloaded from you're vpn provider.
    These files have to be moved to the box via FTP and into a folder called openvpn. Some people have had issues with their files not being configured correctly and you may have to alter them for them to work. There are threads on this and other sites that will take you through the process. a quick search should help you.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi - could I tag onto the end of this or should I open a new thread...?

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Hardly anything concrete in the thread. Wont spoil anything continuing here.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers....well...I did (sometime ago have a crack at it) found a few walkthroughs but none of them worked....so, ive got a vpn account with a provider (do you need to know who?) running openvix on my vusolo 4k (latest version and build) vpn installed. It starts then stops, autostart is enabled....at this point as its a few month ago I know I had to ftp some files over (which I did at the time) but it still didn't work...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What vpn is it with and have you edited the conf file to suit?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry about the delay...xmas got in the way....ive had a little bit of progress but in a different way....ive got a vpn option on my router (messed around with it also but never got it working) so, ive used that and while it works presents its own problem....routing the whole house through the vpn connection the bandwidth takes a massive hit so, it would be preferable to just route the individual receivers through if I can possibly...

So, to your question above (and as I said its months ago that I tried it) which conf file and where?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfysofa View Post
    Sorry about the delay...xmas got in the way....ive had a little bit of progress but in a different way....ive got a vpn option on my router (messed around with it also but never got it working) so, ive used that and while it works presents its own problem....routing the whole house through the vpn connection the bandwidth takes a massive hit so, it would be preferable to just route the individual receivers through if I can possibly...

So, to your question above (and as I said its months ago that I tried it) which conf file and where?
    It's hard to explain as different vpn's have different setups. You need to download the configs from your provider and ftp them to etc/openvpn create the openvpn folder.

Rename the .ovpn folder to .conf and see here how to edit http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post462178

I have also done a script for My Private Network
    Code:
    https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/master/myvpn/Instructions.txt
    As I said it various from providers as some need certificat files so what vpn are you using?
    Last edited by dsayers; 27-12-17 at 13:20.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just using the vpn service that comes on the vix build...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just using the vpn service that comes on the vix build...
    You need a subscription or free vpn service, openvix just supports openvpn you still need to have your own configs.

Post 8 says you have an account without knowing who with we would just be guessing the setup you need.
    Last edited by dsayers; 29-12-17 at 15:36.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ah - sorry - ive got an account with "private internet access"....their site is a little convoluted....is not a case of a config file on the vu just having a location, username and password??

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Ah - sorry - ive got an account with "private internet access"....their site is a little convoluted....is not a case of a config file on the vu just having a location, username and password??
    No you need to rename and edit the .ovpn file and add password.conf

See here post 2 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...nternet-Access

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast