Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding my own Feeds

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Adding my own Feeds

Good Morning,

I look after a few boxes and have a few plugins I maintain and would like to put my feed into the feeds of these boxes

I am putting my conf file in /etc/opkg and when i update to download its downloding to /var/volatile/cache/opkg but doesn't appear in the install list i open it and can see the packages

I am obviously missing something could you advise how i add them so they come up in there own menu to install?

Thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Not sure its that easy
    looking at the feeds produced when I run image builds, they contain for example the ipks's plus 3 other folders - Packages (a list of each package with a description of each (version, support web site etc), Packages-gz (as Packages but zipped) and lastly Packages.stamps which contains a line for each IPK, consisting of a 10 byte numeric field (Feeds Identifier? system plugin, driver, skin etc) and IPK name.
    I am guessing the last folder is used by the system, but some of teh other ViX guys probably know the details

Perhaps easier to put them onto a usb stick and setup ViX to check for IPK's on the usb stick.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Not sure its that easy
    looking at the feeds produced when I run image builds, they contain for example the ipks's plus 3 other folders - Packages (a list of each package with a description of each (version, support web site etc), Packages-gz (as Packages but zipped) and lastly Packages.stamps which contains a line for each IPK, consisting of a 10 byte numeric field (Feeds Identifier? system plugin, driver, skin etc) and IPK name.
    I am guessing the last folder is used by the system, but some of teh other ViX guys probably know the details

Perhaps easier to put them onto a usb stick and setup ViX to check for IPK's on the usb stick.
    On the webhosting I have all of those items as made by opkg-utils

Packages
    Packages.stamps
    Packages.gz
    and the IPKs
    I have made and put a myfeed.conf file in /etc/opkg

As i say its going to the site and downloading them (i can see in the logs and the packages are in /var/volatile/cache/opkg ) I just can't get them to show up to install

Title
    Thanks
    Is it your site with an apache server ? If so it might be worth looking at the apache log to see if there are any issues.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    lighttpd and the logs are empy other than the starting line

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It is working now i just rebuilt everything and it works I will report back if I need any further assistance

Thank you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stingray13 For This Useful Post:

twol (13-10-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Great, hope it continues to work for you
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,924 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Please post a guide.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray13 View Post
    On the webhosting I have all of those items as made by opkg-utils

Packages
    Packages.stamps
    Packages.gz
    and the IPKs
    I have made and put a myfeed.conf file in /etc/opkg

As i say its going to the site and downloading them (i can see in the logs and the packages are in /var/volatile/cache/opkg ) I just can't get them to show up to install
    I have played about with this and all I have on the webserver is Packages.gz and an IPK I used IPK creator 5.0 it also has IPK Feeds Generator built in. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ht=IPK+Creator

Then added the site to a user-feed.conf file

I added e2m3u bouquet plugin to host it but it was a free hosting account and no longer works.
    Last edited by dsayers; 13-10-17 at 19:14.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to created my own plugin feed section but getting stuck on the remove plugin section not showing up my custom section and wondered if anyone could shed any light?

The steps so far I've managed to do are...

1. created a feed.conf file pointing to a web server that has a packages.gz listed.
    2. go to download plugins and the feed shows up with the packages.
    3. create a separate area in the download plugins section and put all the packages in there.
    4. installed the plugins and they work fine.

The thing i'm confused / puzzled about is when i go to remove plugins theirs no custom area / like the one i created for the download plugin section, basically i cant find the installed plugins anywhere in the remove plugins section even though they have been installed and working.

Actually i have a feeling something isn't right when it installs the package, as when a package has been installed, if i go into download plugins and my custom section all packages still show up, where normally if a package has been installed it normally gets removed from the download section

Many thanks in advance, for any help or guidance
    Last edited by smith_rob; 05-03-18 at 12:44.
    VU+ Solo4K, 1TB, 2xFBC-S2, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2
    Amiko A3
    Apple TV 4 64GB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think images expect them to be in one of the usual sections. Do you need to create your own section? It would be easier sticking to installing/removing it from one of the usual sections.

To stick with existing section (ie Extension) then filename of plugin should be something like:-
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-myownplugin.ipk

To remove a plugin that isn't showing in list (ie not in normal sections) then use:

opkg remove nameoftheplugin

and use "opkg list-installed" to see what is installed.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 05-03-18 at 13:03.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    I think images expect them to be in one of the usual sections. Do you need to create your own section? It would be easier sticking to installing/removing it from one of the usual sections.

To stick with existing section (ie Extension) then filename of plugin should be something like:-
    enigma2-plugin-extensions-myownplugin.ipk

To remove a plugin that isn't showing in list (ie not in normal sections) then use:

opkg remove nameoftheplugin

and use "opkg list-installed" to see what is installed.
    Only reason id like to create my own section is that the others are full of stuff, where if its in its own section its all neat and in on one place, sucker for tidyness me

if i name enigma2-plugin-extensions-myownplugin.ipk it shows up in the remove plugins under extensions, its just when i name it enigma2-plugin-myownfeed-myownplugin.ipk it doesnt show up.
    i know its technically possible as build makers like woosh have there own feed section and it also shows up in the remove plugin section.
    Amiko A3
    Apple TV 4 64GB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smith_rob View Post
    Only reason id like to create my own section is that the others are full of stuff, where if its in its own section its all neat and in on one place, sucker for tidyness me

if i name enigma2-plugin-extensions-myownplugin.ipk it shows up in the remove plugins under extensions, its just when i name it enigma2-plugin-myownfeed-myownplugin.ipk it doesnt show up.
    i know its technically possible as build makers like woosh have there own feed section and it also shows up in the remove plugin section.
    It will be possible but it would likely require you amend some code and you would then need to keep doing this after any updates.

If I have more time later i'll look on github.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks mate appreciated , where would you be looking on github?
    Amiko A3
    Apple TV 4 64GB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok, I (kindof) got this working....

1. I created new folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Test
    2. then amended the "control" file for a plugin I had and re-compiled it (including the location of the plugin itself was changed to folder above)

Now the new section does show "test" in my case when I installed it.

However, plugin didn't work but it's an old plugin that hasn't been used for a while so it could have just been another issue but just be wary.

It's possible that you don't even need step 1 and just ensure the control file of the plugin is amended accordingly and you ensure the actual folder structure of the plugin points to the new folder instead of "extensions" and then plugin is re-compiled with new name.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 05-03-18 at 17:07.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast