Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding my own Feeds

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    Ok, I (kindof) got this working....

1. I created new folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Test
    2. then amended the "control" file for a plugin I had and re-compiled it (including the location of the plugin itself was changed to folder above)

Now the new section does show "test" in my case when I installed it.

However, plugin didn't work but it's an old plugin that hasn't been used for a while so it could have just been another issue but just be wary.

It's possible that you don't even need step 1 and just ensure the control file of the plugin is amended accordingly and you ensure the actual folder structure of the plugin points to the new folder instead of "extensions" and then plugin is re-compiled with new name.
    yes mate i got it working on the download section fine it shows in its own section, but it doesn't show at all in the remove plugin section that's the part i was getting stuck with
    VU+ Solo4K, 1TB, 2xFBC-S2, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2
    Amiko A3
    Apple TV 4 64GB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smith_rob View Post
    yes mate i got it working on the download section fine it shows in its own section, but it doesn't show at all in the remove plugin section that's the part i was getting stuck with
    It worked for me. I could see it in remove plugins menu. A new section named "Test" (as I setup) and the plugin was within it which I removed.

Title
    Thanks
    i've tried creating a new folder like you mentioned in I created new folder /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/NewFolder name, and changed the ipk so it builds to that location but the plugin doesnt work then and comes up with errors, as i think all plugins need to be in the extensions folder.
    i still dont see it in remove plugins either, maybe you could pm me you test ipk and control file and see whats different to mine
    VU+ Solo4K, 1TB, 2xFBC-S2, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2
    Amiko A3
    Apple TV 4 64GB

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone else got any ideas? or shed some light on this?

1. Basically i've unpackaged a woosh ipk,
    2. changed nothing in the control file
    3. copied over a different plugin structure for testing purposes and repackaged it back up
    4. The plugin shows up in the download section under woosh as expected
    5. The plugin works
    6. The plugin shows up in the remove section under woosh, and removes fine
    7. I open up the control file and edit the Package: enigma2-plugin-wooshbuild-packagename so it enigma2-plugin-wooshbuildtest-packagename, so i i change the name slightly as an initial test
    8. Repackage it back up, add create packages.gz file again etc.
    9. The plugin shows up in the download section under wooshbuildtest as expected
    10. The plugin works
    11. The plugin does not show up in the remove section

This is all on a image that isn't wooshbuild, but clearly some type of whitelist or something else is clearly there for a wooshbuild feed section in the remove plugins area but not a custom one i make,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So you got a whoosh plugin working on vix including having it listed in another section rather than usual section like "extension"?

If so, PM me the plugin and i'll look into what's different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12