Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Mutant HD1200 stuck in Boot

Title
    Thanks

Mutant HD1200 stuck in Boot

Hi everyone, got myself into a bit of a hole! I have got a Mutant HD1200 which was running on OpenVix 3.2. The auto update facility was never activated and as such stayed at 3.2. I needed to download a plugin, but the box would not allow me to do it. Various searches took me down the path of updating the image. I followed the tutorial on this site for uploading via USB. The box would not see the USB stick even though it was FAT32 formatted. I came across an image in Image Manager, with the caption "Would you like to restore to this image?" so I did openvix-5.0.028.release-mutant1200_usb. Everything started loading. The next screenshot "will re-boot in 3 seconds". It is now stuck in boot mode! Cannot get access through FTP or SSH, and the usb is still inoperative. Any help on restoring the box to working condition would be very appreciated. It looks as if its scrap to me!!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When reflashing make sure that only the image you want to install is on the USB Flash Drive , the best way of achieving this is to reformat the Flash Drive to FAT32 prior to unziping the image to the drive. Disconnect the power to the Mutant / place Flash Drive in the box / Power Up / Press STANDBY button on the front when you see "USB" displayed on the front display and wait untill the box reboots before removing the Flash Drive. Fingers crossed it should now only need configuring to your needs. If you have a backup of your settings it will make things a little easier to do this.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You can't restore settings from such an old image. Box needs to be set up from scratch.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Hi everyone, got myself into a bit of a hole! I have got a Mutant HD1200 which was running on OpenVix 3.2. The auto update facility was never activated and as such stayed at 3.2.
    There is no such thing as an auto update facility. You have to update manually always.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you all for your valuable responses. May I ask Ashley69, do you have the procedure for setting up from scratch? Sadly roybach, that's what got me in the trouble in the first place!!!! The other problem is the box does not recognise any usb drives whether in the front or back socket, I even got desperate and tried an SD card in the side socket. I have interrogated my router for the IP address of the box .... that has dissappeared even though its connected via ethernet. There isn't by any chance a magical "hold the stby button for 7 seconds" routine to reset this to manufacturers settings?: All I can see is an inert box displaying boot.