Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OS MEGA not flashing fully

Title
    Thanks

OS MEGA not flashing fully

Hi there newbie here not sure if this is the right section to ask but here goes,
    I have an Edision os mega i cant seem to flash any image vix,atv,pli I fully format the usb, extract image put onto usb tried in both back and front of box, it starts to flash but after the screen changes to the welcome image it just stays there and says welcome on the front display, nothing works on remote too no response, any help gratefully would be appreciated thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I had a similar issue with my 4k tv where it appeared to not be doing anything. Fortunately for me I also have it simultaneously connected to a hd tv and it was showing on the screen. I had to set it up via the hdtv and all was fine. Interesting though all updates since have worked flawlessly via the 4k tv. Might not be the answer to your question but that's just an issue I had.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a good few usb sticks some of them work for flashing some don't. I stick to three makes for flashing now as these haven't failed sandisk cruzer slice/ imation nano pro/kingston traveller. All of them are no larger than 8gb as have had problems with larger sticks. Make sure stick is in fat32 format, extract zip file on pc and copy the folder named osmega to root of usb. Prior to copying folder to usb you can open it and rename the file that says noforce to force which will force flash the box without input from remote . I use rear usb to flash

Title
    Thanks
    Thankyou for your advice, i have flashed it before in the past using kingston 4gb and a sandisk cruzerblade 16gb, it appears to start to flash but on the display it says restore 2/3 and on the tv screen it says usual do not disconnect usb etc etc with the progress bar underneath, but when the progress bar reaches the end it changes to the openvix welcome screen and stays like that, going to try another new usb

Title
    Thanks
    Forgot to mention I have flashed this box before a few times in the past no problem and used ftp, I've tried different usb's and different images I can get it to start flashing it just stops when it changes to the first image, I read on another post someone suggested trying a different power supply, tried that still same, tried to ftp to box with no luck, is there maybe a boot loader for the os mega or any other suggestions please.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i still think it might be usb,i have used kingston,cruzer and integral all 8gb in size and no issues,format usb fat 32 and file extracted to usb,box powered
    off insert usb,power on any buttons to press to start the flash process ? usb should continue to flash box and box rebooting it should be finished.

on usb should only be the correct image for your named box.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried with an earlier image of Vix or Atv 6 rather than the latest versions, just so you can rule out any issues with current builds and the osmega. I assume you haven't got anything else plugged in to any of the other usb ports while attempting to flash. I haven't seen any bootloaders for the Osmega only the Osmini and some of the optimus range.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You don’t have any other devices plugged in do ya, I.e. External HDD, USB Flash Drive etc while trying to attempt to update a fresh image?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thankyou all for your responses, no I have no other devices plugged in, i also unplugged internal hdd and tried again, another thing it doesn't actually say flash on the display it says restore 2/3 is this normal i have done a video just trying to figure out how to get it on here.
    Last edited by oggyant; 07-10-17 at 12:57.

Title
    Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Is there a reason to be flashing such an old image? The latest is here: http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...ision-os-mega/
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I was told to try an older image, it does the same on the latest image too unfortunately

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Is it already on vix? Have you tried couch flashing to avoid using usb?

Title
    Thanks
    it may be the downloaded image has become corrupted, reformat the usb & try a fresh flash, with latest vix. When flash completes remove the usb before the box reboots

Title
    Thanks
    Hi yes it was on vix first off, I tried flashing to ipab but it didn’t work so tried to flash back to vix, what’s couch flashing I’m not aware of this ok forget that I’ve just googled it, I can’t get into the menu so can’t couch flash
    Last edited by oggyant; 07-10-17 at 16:23.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast