Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Terrestrial picture randomly breaking up - reboot receiver fixes it

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The drivers are provided by Octagon not the Openvix team.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    The drivers are provided by Octagon not the Openvix team.
    The hardware's provided by WoS - the forum sponsor.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goRt View Post
    No response received from your support organisation, but I've had 5 1 003 loaded for 24 hours now (after having to follow the recovery process).
    This has driver dated 2017-10-20 which again exibits the same issue on DVB-T A, it looks to be temperature related - I don't see the error until the processor temp is reported at 59c (never looked at this on warmer days).
    The processor temperature on my ET10K is currently 73C.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    The processor temperature on my ET10K is currently 73C.
    Does that use the same hybrid twin dvb-t card?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Does that use the same hybrid twin dvb-t card?
    No, but I thought you were saying that the problem was related to the processor temperature, and 59C is not particularly high.

Mine has single hybrid dvb-c/t2 tuners.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    No response received from your support organisation,
    That is Octagon support email address, not my support.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    @ goRT, please give a step by step how to replicate. Any particular channels cause your issue more?

Have you fully checked your coax feeds, antenna etc? Are you using in F connectors with F Type to RF adapters by any chance? Have you double checked all RF connectors? Any RF splitters? Any distribution system in your Terrestrial feed?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    No, but I thought you were saying that the problem was related to the processor temperature, and 59C is not particularly high.

Mine has single hybrid dvb-c/t2 tuners.
    Hi, I don't think it's processor temp that's the issue, but that's the only reading available on the SF4008 and was something I noticed as a potential cause as the issue didn't occur straight away after yesterday's flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    That is Octagon support email address, not my support.
    Why give that out to me then???

@ goRT, please give a step by step how to replicate. Any particular channels cause your issue more?

Have you fully checked your coax feeds, antenna etc? Are you using in F connectors with F Type to RF adapters by any chance? Have you double checked all RF connectors? Any RF splitters? Any distribution system in your Terrestrial feed?
    OK, I'll go back over all the data points I've posted in this thread.

No issues on the 2nd DVB-T tuner on the hybrid which is in slot one (as you know there's only a single coax feed into the SF4008 DVB-T card)
    No issues when plugging the coax directly into the TV
    No issues on the TV when routed via the SF4008 card when experiencing issues on tuner A.

Brand new coax cables used, as well as existing ones originally used. No F type connectors.
    Used an attenuator as previously recommended, but that made no difference.

Sometimes the issue doesn't occur directly after a reboot but may take a few mins to appear, yesterday after flashing the new release the issue didn't present for 15-20 mins - when the box had warmed up.
    Today it took a few mins to appear.
    Disabling and re-enabling tuner a may fix the problem for a short while, but then it re-occurs within minutes.
    When returning out of the playlist view the short pause may cause the issue to disappear for a few seconds/mins.
    I NEVER have the issue on tuner b
    I used to have the issues with DVB-S on tuner c, but a driver update several months ago remediated that.

I did try ATV at one point when that was getting more frequent driver updates, but that made things a lot worse (I wasn't getting the issues and someone asked me to test!)

No splitters in my apartment, but I am on a building distribution system of some sort (I have no access to that, and didn't see any disclaimers relating to this in the sale documentation)
    I'm not the only one with this issue as I'm not the OP, I'm just the boring person who repeatedly provides data as requested and rigorously posts up each time an update is available and drivers update.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Why give that out to me then???
    So you could report the issue direct to Octagon, imho its either a driver or signal issue, but try following.

1) Disconnect power and remove lid.
    2) If you have a tuner in slot B remove it.
    3) Move your Terrestrial tuner into slot B.

Iirc if you have one twin tuner module in either slot it will be detected as a twin tuner, but I might be wrong.

Re-test with the tuner in slot b.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    So you could report the issue direct to Octagon, imho its either a driver or signal issue, but try following.

1) Disconnect power and remove lid.
    2) If you have a tuner in slot B remove it.
    3) Move your Terrestrial tuner into slot B.

Iirc if you have one twin tuner module in either slot it will be detected as a twin tuner, but I might be wrong.

Re-test with the tuner in slot b.
    Hi,
    Yes, I have a DVB-S in slot 2 (no hard drive, 1gb ethernet to a server).

So I have tested as requested:
    1. swapped the DVB-T into slot 2 (leaving slot 1 empty) which allows both DVB-T tuners to be access
    2. recorded 4 HD channels concurrently (split across tuner a and b) whilst watching a 5th on tuner a
    3. waited 45 minutes for this to warm the box up to 60c

No issues observed (but it's hard to prove a negative)

4. Returned box to standard state (DVB-T in slot 1, DVB-S in slot 2)
    5. Again started 4 HD DVB-T recordings
    6. Waited for the pixelation to start (CPU temp showing as 59c)

So the card functions correctly in slot 2, but not in slot 1.

What further PD do you require?

Thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    One more test, put the twin sat tuner in slot 1 and the hybrid in slot 2, then retest as tuner a will be forced in slot 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    One more test, put the twin sat tuner in slot 1 and the hybrid in slot 2, then retest as tuner a will be forced in slot 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi,
    So I removed the DVB-S card and ran the box with 4 HD recordings for 90 mins.
    The picture breaks up, but cancelling the recordings allows the picture to recover, it isn't stable but it does recover unlike in the normal config.

I've then swapped the DVB-S card into slot 1 (but I only have a single sat feed) and the DVB-T card into slot 2 and have been unable to replicate the picture breakups (but obviously only a single T tuner is available in this config).

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Just to update, 5 1 004 (still driver date 2017-10-20) shows no improvement

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I've experienced a similar problem (broken up terrestrial reception after random time, even though the signal is OK). Did anyone already find any cause and solution? It looks like a badly driven tuner (software issue). Thanks.

My configuration is purely terrestrial (DUAL DVB-T2/C tuner in slot A, slot B is empty). Octagon SF4008 + OpenATV 6.1.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dvbtshop View Post
    Hi, I've experienced a similar problem (broken up terrestrial reception after random time, even though the signal is OK). Did anyone already find any cause and solution? It looks like a badly driven tuner (software issue). Thanks.

My configuration is purely terrestrial (DUAL DVB-T2/C tuner in slot A, slot B is empty). Octagon SF4008 + OpenATV 6.1.
    I found putting the DVB-T in the second slot fixed the issue (altough I can't then use DVB-S and have 2T tuners) - can you test that and update us please.

Thanks

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast