Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: SF4008 and Aston 2.26 CAM - no picture on all new images

Title
    Thanks

SF4008 and Aston 2.26 CAM - no picture on all new images

Hi, I use official, legit, pay as you go nc+ card (known as Cameleon) with Aston 2.26 CI on SF4008 and basically none of the new images - Openvix, Openatv, Openeight etc - correctly recognise Aston 2.26 in CI slot - CI menu just says "Init Module" instead of proper CAM name. Module is fine, because it works with previous gen images - the only two available for SF4008 are OpenATV 5.3 (also shipped as factory image) and PKT Hyperion 5.7. So it appears something changed in CI drivers in new images and Aston 2.26 just stopped working (for months now). Using old images is pain in the proverbial because OpenATV 5.3 cannot playback DTS files (something to do with Octagon's license for chipset, software corrected in later images) and PKT Hyperion is just a mess (that EPG, oh my god... that EPG...). So - I would love to use OpenVix on my SF4008 (as I used to on my previous receivers) but it won't decrypt any nc+ channels with the newest Aston CAM, official nc+ CAMs won't work as they're CI+ and I can't get the built in reader to work at all either (nothing in the image menu to configure). Any help would be appreciated.

PS. It does seem to be some incompatibility with new images in general, as I also tried it in the newest Technomate 4k and the module doesn't go past "Init Module" in menu, while it works just fine with older images on Unibox HD3 and Octagon SF1028P....

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Have you tried ATV 6.0? there is also a Ci+ helper plugin (never had to try it, but know its around on ATV)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    HD Freaks images are able to use a CI+ CAM. I use their images on mt Gigablue Quad 4K and Octagon SF4008.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for reply guys - As I mentioned previously the only two that work are openatv 5.3 and PKT Hyperion 5.* - with those two name of the CI shows up in Common Interface menu without issue. All "6 something" images that I've tried just point blank don't work with Aston 2.26: opennfr (6.0.1), openeight (6.0.1), openatv (6.0 and 6.1), openhdf (6.2), openvix (5.0.23-27). With all of those I tried enigma2-plugin-extensions-ciplus_2.0 and enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-ciplushelper_3.0 (r3,r4), to no avail (Aston 2.26 isn't CI+, it's just high bitrate/multichannel version of previous Aston Seca CAMs, but I tried never the less). A lot of them don't also print permission errors from older Aston cams (I have an old Aston 1.05, which no longer works reliably with modern nc+ cards, but is good enough for testing). OpenVIX does show "no permissions to view this channel" on all nc+ channels, but ATV images just sit there with black screen.

If I knew what libs are responsible for CI detection I'd try and transplant those from 5.3 or hyperion to newer image and see if that works.

To be honest I just need something stable enough for day to day use - I could live with OpenATV 5.3, if it wasn't for the DTS downmix issues - it won't play any any DTS from mkv no matter what audio settings are set to. PKT on the other hand is just too far "out there" - settings all over the shop, they use some ancient version of EPG, it's just a mess graphically and skinning it is a custom job, half of the stuff just doesn't work. The manufacturer seem to have abandoned "official" versions of ATV - their last image is from 6th of January and that's it. And nothing works reliably for genuine home use.
    Is there any way of getting internal card reader in SF4008 to work with official cards in 6* images?