Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Freeview advice needed

Title
    Thanks

Freeview advice needed

Any help appreciated.

I have a tchnomate box with vix image. How do I set the tuner and bouquets up for freeview?

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Which box do you have?

Video guide
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-using-OpenViX

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by technophobe View Post
    Any help appreciated.

I have a tchnomate box with vix image. How do I set the tuner and bouquets up for freeview?

Thanks in advance.
    Reference web page at
    Code:
    http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/E2_scan/
    First, set up your tuners as in image 1 in the web page link [Menu -> Setup -> Tuner config -> and for each of your terrestrial tuners]

Note: In the tuner set-up set the region to UK all regions (Europe DVB-T/T2) and NOT a specific UK region/transmitter
    Make sure that you set T2 and not T - T2 gives you both SD and HD channels.

For each tuner PRESS GREEN to save setting

Second, menu -> setup -> EPG -> Graphical EPG -> Show Bouquets on launch = yes

PRESS GREEN to save setting

Third, set up AutobouquetMaker as in image 2 - freeview section [Menu - Setup -> Tuner Configuration - AutoBouquesmaker -> Providers]

Notes: I have both satellite and Terrestrial tuners so the AutobouquetMaker page shows both Freesat and Freeview - you can ignore the Freesat settings and say no to them.
    My transmitter is Bluebell Hill - you need to select your transmitter from the list - highlight the Freeview uk: area option and use the > button on the remote to go through the list.

Press Green to scan (or select start scan)

menu -> setup -> EPG -> settings -> Enable EIT EPG -- this should populate the Freeview EPG from over the air data - it may take a few minutes to populate the first time you use it.

Press the guide button on your remote.

This should get you working but there is a lot more you can do to configure or change to get a better looking program guide - re-arranging channels, deleting junk channels etc.

If you don't get the HD channels on your transmitter post back.
    Last edited by adm; 18-09-17 at 19:43.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

goRt (18-09-17),Sicilian (19-09-17)