Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Service ID problem when changing channel while recording.

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
5.0.0.21 - 5.0.0.27
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Service ID problem when changing channel while recording.

Title
    Thanks

Service ID problem when changing channel while recording.

VU+ Duo2 (2xDual DVB-T2 tuner)
    Openvix 5.0.0.21 - 5.0.0.27
    Skin Magic Noire FHD
    Basic OpenVIX plugins
    + Oscam
    + IPTVPlayer
    + Openmultiboot

Sometimes when A tuner is recording some channel and I try to open another channel I will get
    error "Kanavan Service ID:tä ei löydy Program Association Tablesta" (finnish language sorry about that)
    This happens with openvix version .21...27, but not with .20 or below.
    Problem is that this I hard to reproduce, because after boot that does not happen, only when box has been running couple of days.

Any ideas about the problem ?
    Last edited by heebo1974; 15-09-17 at 07:51.
    VU+ DUO2 (OPENVIX 5), 2xDual T2/C, La Digital CI+ CAM, 1 TB HD, LG 60PN650T, Chromecast 2

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heebo1974 View Post
    Sometimes when A tuner is recording some channel and I try to open another channel I will get
    error "Kanavan Service ID:tä ei löydy Program Association Tablesta" (finnish language sorry about that)
    This happens with openvix version .21...27, but not with .20 or below.
    This sounds like it is probably the same bug I encountered when I started another thread
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...one-tuner-used .
    The first time I encountered it was with build 021 after there*had been a timer recording on an encrypted channel, but when I have tried the later builds I have noticed that this is often seen when the box is woken up from standby the next day after boot. I just have never remembered the exact error message when posting here, because I have immediately flashed back to 020 and forgot it before I start typing..
    I was just going to flash to 027 (haven't tried THAT yet), maybe I should try it and turn debug logging on and try to remember to send it when the error occurs, before flashing back to 020 again..

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jukkal2 View Post
    I was just going to flash to 027 (haven't tried THAT yet), maybe I should try it and turn debug logging on and try to remember to send it when the error occurs, before flashing back to 020 again..
    Ok, I flashed my Ultimo to 027 without restoring settings. Searched channels, loaded oscam plugin, set up nfs letting it load the plugins it needed,
    did init 4 to stop vix, downloaded the 020 settings backup to my computer, unpacked it and uploaded the favorites lists back to the receiver, did init 3 to bring vix back up,
    configured some settings, init 4 to stop vix, uploaded autotimer.xml and timers.xml, init 4 to start vix again..
    At some point I changed the interface language to English for quoting here the error message I was waiting for.
    Watched an episode of Vikings.

Then I decided to tease the box by starting many parallel recordings, one of them being on an encrypted channel.
    Got nine recordings started, then I stopped them. The Vix logo was spinning quite a while.

Then I saw the error message in the middle of a black screen:

Service not found!
    (SID not found in PAT)

Meanwhile, the recording of an episode of Simpsons had started on the same channel where one of the parallel recordings had been going on, I don't know whether this had something to do with it or not.

Some channels worked ok, including the one where Simpsons were being recorded, but some didn't, including the one that I was viewing when I stopped the manually started recordings.
    At that point I downloaded the debug log file I'm going to send here.
    Now that the Simpsons episode has stopped recording, I switched to the channel where it had ended and back, and now all channels seem to work again.
    I still don't trust the box to work with 027 when I wake it up from sleep tomorrow.. the error message when I stopped those nine recordings didn't look promising.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Here is debug log at the time when it happens.
    VU+ DUO2 (OPENVIX 5), 2xDual T2/C, La Digital CI+ CAM, 1 TB HD, LG 60PN650T, Chromecast 2

Title
    Thanks
    Is this a bug or feature ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hello again,

I made new test with OpenVIX 5.0.032 and got same bad results. I have to go back to .20 versio again.

This time I was watching recording (so no tuners were used) and the timer started. When I ended that program which I was watching (timer recording was ongoing) and started to channel surfing this service id problem came back. Only channels which I could watch were in that same multiplex which was active (that timer). All other multiplexes gave that service id error.

Here is the debug log at the time when that problem occurs.

Title
    Thanks
    I can reproduce this every time.

1. Start playback
    2. Start timer
    3. Stop playback
    4. Start changing channels

If I put priority to B tuner for timer usage the only difference is that when I will start channel changing the error will come for the channels which are in same multiplex as timer recording channel.

Problem is somehow releated to B tuner. If I will use C or D tuner as priority tuner for timer, the problem will move further away until B tuner will become active.
    Last edited by heebo1974; 28-10-17 at 11:43.

Title
    Thanks
    I have had this same problem with all >5.0.20 versions. VU+ Duo2 with two twin dvb-t tuners.

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dotgif For This Useful Post:

heebo1974 (28-10-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    could i ask if both boxes or both tuners are setup the same and each has a feed.signal finder will say if you have a signal on both tuners?
    if box has a recording going you can record that and view recorded files on tv and if finished looking at recorded program on hdd and you find other tuner still recording and channels blanked out suggests to me only 1 tuner may have a feed?

Title
    Thanks
    My all tuners a,b,c,d are all setup same ways. I can get signal for every tuner. If I eg. force tuner B that works without problem. Same goes for every tuner. But this timer combination thing just messes things up.

Openatv 6.1 has no issues same ways as vix .20 and below.

Title
    Thanks
    Dear heebo 1974
    I have a similar problem with reading the PAT. With all versions >020. After installing only VIX and reloading the channels through dreamboxedit. I only could the the startup channel. When zapping I got everywhere timout reading PAT. I reported this with version 5.0.021 and updated my thread. Sofar nobody found a solution.

Let's cross the fingers that somebody finds the bug.
    nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nekrub2 For This Useful Post:

heebo1974 (28-10-17)

Title
    Thanks
    I have no idea about coding, but I assume that it would not be so hard to check what has been changed between .20 and .21 ?

Title
    Thanks
    Fully agree with you.
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    Hello again,

Now I did complete log from boot to shutdown.

1. Boot
    2. Start playback
    3. Start timer
    4. Stop playback
    5. Start channel surfing. (with errors)
    6. Stop timer
    7. Start channel surfing
    8. Shutdown

17. The Following User Says Thank You to heebo1974 For This Useful Post:

jukkal2 (04-11-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello again again...
    Today I installed fresh OpenVix 5.1 and test same thing again. And the result was again the same.

Here is the new debug log.

I think that developer team does not even bother to take this thing seriously.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to heebo1974 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-11-17),dotgif (21-11-17),jukkal2 (22-11-17),posi (21-11-17)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast