Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cable and FTA Sky UK CustomMix HELP

Title
    Thanks

Cable and FTA Sky UK CustomMix HELP

I'm trying to setup the virgin custom FTA mix but i can't seem to get the 1-5 HD channels to appear first instead of SD in the all channels and entertainment lists, where am I going wrong?

Also, any way to keep the numbering the same in the individual bouquet sections the same as the all channels list, for example 101,102,103,104,105

I'm trying to achieve all FTA channels via DVB-S2 and all other channels via DVB-C

Virgin.JPG Sat.JPG config.JPG
    list.JPG list1.JPG

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks,
    Last edited by dpullen87; 14-09-17 at 09:53.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Try the alternative numbers so if using 101 from sky try 115 in the inserts.

As for the channel numbers issue that's the way enigma2 works for it to create all channels bouquet and separate bouquets it has to duplicate each channel to place them in separate bouquets, either set virgin uk generate main bouquet no that will mean the section bouquets are correct or have a look at this hack for channel numbers on epg http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post368824 that will break SNP picons though.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Enable swap for Virgin: this will swap SD services for HD ones
    Main Bouquet: This must not be "Yes, all channels". You will not have an "all channels Bouquet", entertainment bouquet will start at 101,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dsayers (14-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Turned of the main channel list and it has indeed fixed the numbering in each bouquet, channel numbers are still different to sky but i can live with that (sports start 501 instead of 401)

Still can't get 1-5 to switch with the HD channels.

Used your sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml for a long time and had none of these issues it just worked.

list2.JPG

Posted before seeing your response Andy, I'm just trying it now.
    Last edited by dpullen87; 14-09-17 at 14:15.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    For the sports etc thats Virgin UK channels numbering. For HD channels first change Virgin UK channel swap yes then rescan. I have noticed a few HD channels need adding channel 4 and 5 HD, So at the moment if you switch Virgin UK channel swap yes youll have 1 to 3 HD from sat then 4 and 5 HD from Virgin.

Im going though these swaps now

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Andy that fixed the 1-5 HD channels

Is there no way to retain the sky numbering in this setup, for example sky 1 hd is now 109 instead of 106 etc

list3.JPG

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dpullen87 View Post
    Thanks Andy that fixed the 1-5 HD channels

Is there no way to retain the sky numbering in this setup, for example sky 1 hd is now 109 instead of 106 etc

list3.JPG
    If you do your own custommix yes but there is too many differences between sat and cable it will be hard to do them all as there isnt as many Virgin channels compared to Sky
    Last edited by dsayers; 14-09-17 at 14:34.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    For the sports etc thats Virgin UK channels numbering. For HD channels first change Virgin UK channel swap yes then rescan. I have noticed a few HD channels need adding channel 4 and 5 HD, So at the moment if you switch Virgin UK channel swap yes youll have 1 to 3 HD from sat then 4 and 5 HD from Virgin.

Im going though these swaps now
    Thanks Dsayers I'll look out for a updated file.

How was it that with the other virgin and sky custom mix file it managed to retain the sky numbering, was this because that was a sky base adding virgin channels in where this is a virgin base adding a few sky fta channels in?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Ok I have added channel 4 and 5 HD goto Dsayers CustomMix Importer and press yellow to fetch file then rescan ABM

Entertainment.jpg
    Last edited by dsayers; 14-09-17 at 14:40.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanks Dsayers I'll look out for a updated file.

How was it that with the other virgin and sky custom mix file it managed to retain the sky numbering, was this because that was a sky base adding virgin channels in where this is a virgin base adding a few sky fta channels in?
    File updated.

Yes I was using sky uk order and just swapping a few virgin with sky this custommix is based on virgin order

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Ok I have added channel 4 and 5 HD goto Dsayers CustomMix Importer and press yellow to fetch file then rescan ABM

Entertainment.jpg
    Going to Dsayers CustomMix Importer and pressing yellow pulls down the sky/virgin custom mix and not the FTA/Virgin one.

Updated manually from github and rescanned, 4&5 are now DVB-S
    Last edited by dpullen87; 14-09-17 at 14:58.

Title
    Thanks
    @Abu

On a side note I have just gone to update ABM's config files and got the below error, I'm on the latest vix release 5.0.027

Attachment 54942

Are you aware of the issue?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Going to Dsayers CustomMix Importer and pressing yellow pulls down the sky/virgin custom mix and not the FTA/Virgin one.

Updated manually from github and rescanned, 4&5 are now DVB-S
    The plugin has been updated recently to download various custommixes you should be able to update it then youll see you can press right on Import to Dsayers: Sky UK free to air channels into Virgin Media UK
    Last edited by dsayers; 14-09-17 at 15:05.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

dpullen87 (14-09-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

list3.JPG
    You can try this custommix from another forum it hasnt been updated in a while though use your area Sky UK HD and providers order Sky UK on top you may need to edit some channel numbers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    We are in process in adding an extra check for lock status. This is why version has been increased. If you are 027, you have latest provider files anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast