Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: vpn router

dbmx

vpn router

I have broadband with Vodafone and have there router. I am looking into a router that will run vpn so all my devices go through it. can any one recommend one as I am not Sure which one to buy.

Title
    Thanks
    Most of the best VPN routers have customised firmwares namely the DD-WRT, Tomato or Padavan firmwares.
    My own personal favourite is the Asus RT-N56U with Padavan firmware. This router is the only one I have seen that gives 95% of the non VPN download speed whilst still providing VPN to the whole network. Other routers tend to show more like 20-30% speed decrease.
    That particular router is a cable type router so you need to use it with your old router in modem only mode or use it with a white BT openreach modem.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhoe For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Found a great site on picking the best router for Vpn

PHP Code:
    https://restoreprivacy.com/vpn-routers/ 
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

redbellied (12-09-17),scouse645 (12-09-17)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'm running a nether nighthawk r7000, i bought it fully conferred with DD-WRT & expressvpn, i am running a vermin hub2 [ not in modem mode ] with this router, so i have both the hub's wi-fi & the netter's wi-fi for full flexibility
    What else can i say !!.....

You can`t please all of the people all of the time...so...dont even try........ ...

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dugJTYz-JR4&feature=em-subs_digest

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wullboy For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I run a Asus RT-AC87U. It runs on ASUSWRT which is a version of the DD-WRT.
    You have two OpenVPN options.
    1. Create you're own VPN config that allows you to access your devices from outside your own home network without opening ports on your router.
    2. Download config files from your VPN provider and install them on the router so you pick the country you wish to have the router appear to be operating from.
    Both are easy to set up if you do some reading up. The router GUI has some useful links to help.
    All of the Asus routers have this option.
    They also have a multitude of other options for the tech savvy router people.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley69 For This Useful Post: