Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: SAT>IP Server Advice

Title
    Thanks

SAT>IP Server Advice

Hello,

Apologies in advance if this is not the best place to start this thread - please let me know if it would be better placed elsewhere.

I am in need of a SAT>IP server but am not sure which one to go for.

There are a few models out there and, to make things more tricky, there are some models being sold under different brand names. Furthermore, lots of the reviews of these devices seem to be in German, where they seem really popular.

These seem to be the three that pop up the most frequently:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Megasat-SAT...7Q8DFF1DX5E4TT

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Triax-31010...words=SAT%3EIP

http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/c...ar-DIGIBIT-R-1

Any advice on what to pick (or indeed avoid) would be much appreciated.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    What exactly are you serving? Enigma 2 receivers?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    If E2:
    I tried a few of these SAT>IP servers with my Enigma receivers and although the SAT>IP plugin did work with some of the MIPS boxes, it failed miserably with my ARM receivers.
    ALso judging by recent comments on another forum, there seems to be a question as to whether the plugin works or is still maintained.
    There are also a few Q's about the reliability of some these servers.
    In the end I went for a FBC tuner receiver which acts as a C/S server for other E2 receivers ..... and works very well. A better solution than the SAT>IP route for me.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Apologies - I should have provided a bit of background about my setup in my original post.

I have an x86-based server, running Openmediavault, that contains a dual DVB-T tuner and a single DVB-S2 tuner.

The server contains a number of hardddrives and recording are scheduled and made via TVHeadend.

The server is connected to various Raspberry Pi clients via a Gigabit network.

I have decided that I don't really need DVB-T anymore, so thought I would go with a quad DVB-S2 SAT>IP tuner rather than a regular DVB-S2 tuner card (part of the problem is that TBS do the only available quad satellite card and Linux support for them is best avoided).