Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: ABM - Cannot Add Data

Title
    Thanks

ABM - Cannot Add Data

I'm running OpenVix 5.0.0.25 on a VU+ Ultimo with single S2 tuner in slot 1 (Tuner A), single S2 tuner in slot 2 (Tuner B) & a new dual C/T/T2 tuner is slot 3 (Tuner C & D). Terrestrial aerial is pointing to Durris transmitter.

I can't get ABM to find any terrestrial channels with both tuners C & D enabled. I get the error 'Cannot Add Data' when I run a ABM scan. I've done a manual scan as advised in the sticky thread for creating HD bouquets and generated the terrestrial_Custom_transponder.xml.zip file that I've uploaded on a separate thread. That works fine.

If I enable tuner C and disable tuner D ABM works fine. If I disable tuner C and enable tuner D ABM fails. Both tuners are configured exactly the same.

Any idea what's going wrong? Do I have a problem with Tuner D? This is a new card that I've just installed, replacing my old single C/T tuner.

Edit: Debug log - Tuners C & D enabled: Enigma2_debug_2017-09-01_14-14-14.rar
    Edit2: Debug log - Tuner C enabled & tuner D disabled: Enigma2_debug_2017-09-01_14-14-14-2.rar
    Last edited by chaser; 01-09-17 at 14:25. Reason: Add log file

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

ABM - Cannot Add Data

IIRC, there was a particular order in which to connect tuner cards in the Ultimo. Before my time, sorry. One of the more experienced guys should comment when they get a chance.

There is a new issue with people with more than three tuners. This should be resolved in next image.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

chaser (01-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    IIRC, there was a particular order in which to connect tuner cards in the Ultimo. Before my time, sorry. One of the more experienced guys should comment when they get a chance.
    That sounds right from the testing I've done so far. I can't get the dual DVB T2 card to work in any slot other than slot 3. Unfortunately, I seem to be going backwards! I've removed the two sat tuners, and only have the DVB tuner plugged in now (and it is only recognised when it's plugged into slot 3). OpenVix recognises the card, and reports two DVB tuners A & B, but I'm now not able to find anything when doing a manual scan Still working it...

There is a new issue with people with more than three tuners. This should be resolved in next image.
    Sounds like this might be the issue I'm running into when the DVB card is being assigned to tuners C & D (when the two SAT cardsare assigned to tubers A & B). If I disable tuner D it works fine. Are you talking about the next major release, or just the next online update?

Title
    Thanks
    I've done some further checks, but still can't get this working properly in my Ultimo.

It looks like the dual DVB-T2 tuner is only recognised in the 3rd slot, and then only (partially) works if there are other cards in the first two slots (ie the DVB-T2 tuner will only work if it is assigned as Tuner C & D). In this case, tuner C works fine with a manual scan, but tuner D fails to find any channels. I can see that ABM is using tuner D when trying to scan, causing it to fail with a 'Cannot Add Data' error. To overcome the ABM issue, I just need to disable tuner D, but loose a tuner as a result. I suspect this issue is down to the 3 tuner limit that Abu is referring to.

To try and overcome the 3 tuner limit, I've reduced the number of physical tuner cards in my machine. This hasn't worked either though, but for different reasons I think.

If a single card is removed from either of the first 2 slots, then the dual DVB-T2 tuner in the 3rd slot is assigned as tuners B & C. If there's no cards in either of the first 2 slots then the dual DVB-T2 tuner in slot 3 is assigned as tuners A & B. In either of these cases, a manual scan on either tuner fails to find any channels. I don't know why.

If the dual DVB-T2 is installed in either the first or second slot it just doesn't show up on the tuner page, regardless of what's installed in the other slots. I think this is the tuner order limitation that Abu is referring to.

All a bit frustrating. I really would like to have dual channel HD terrestrial, so I can view one channel and record another! I'm going to try the card in my Duo2 to see if it makes any difference.
    Last edited by chaser; 01-09-17 at 18:52.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ...I'd wait for the next release and try again then.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

chaser (01-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Are you talking about the next major release, or just the next online update?
    5.0 026

Going by feedback from the Duo2 users, you have to flash the image. For some reason, updating does not allow the script to kick in.
    Make a settings backup and then restore settings/plugins AFTER you flash the new image.

To overcome the ABM issue, I just need to disable tuner D, but loose a tuner as a result. I suspect this issue is down to the 3 tuner limit that Abu is referring to.
    ABM will always use the last free qualifying tuner. So it hits the problem you have.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

chaser (01-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    ...I'd wait for the next release and try again then.
    Yes. Probably the easiest thing to do. I just wanted to make sure the developers had enough information on the issues I'm having in case they're all linked.

Make a settings backup and then restore settings/plugins AFTER you flash the new image.
    I can do that! I'll report back soon...
    Last edited by chaser; 01-09-17 at 18:58.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chaser View Post
    I can do that! I'll report back soon...
    How can you? 5.0 026 Release has not been made yet.

Or are you referring to the Duo2 and using 5.0 025?

Title
    Thanks
    How can you? 5.0 026 Release has not been made yet.
    Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were suggesting that clean flash of 5.0.025 on the Ultimo was a work around. Just going through the reflash now, but I guess it's not going to work, then.

Title
    Thanks
    Have look at this thread, same issue as you are having.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...gs-empty-blank

There were some commands to run (only work until next restart), but he said they did not work for him.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

chaser (01-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah. I'm struggling to get that script to do anything either.

I did manage to get the card working on my Duo2 - after remembering to plug in the aerial wire

I'll wait for the next release to get it working on the Ultimo.

Title
    Thanks
    Just a quick update to confirm that the issue has been resolved on my Ultimo with build 026. As previously advised, I did need to do clean flash to get it working. An online update did not work (although I didn't actually try a reboot after the update).

Thanks again.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm seeing this same issue again on my VU+ Ultimo with DVB-T2 tuner in slots C & D and a clean flash of VIX 5.1.013. I'm getting the 'Cannot add data' error when trying to run ABM on my DVB tuners. The problem goes away if I disable tuner D. Tuners A & B are sat tuners, and those are both currently disabled. Is the 'more than 3 tuners' issues still there, or reappeared in later versions of VIX? Any thoughts on how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by chaser; 10-02-18 at 16:57.