Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: VU+ Turbo Tuner Freeze

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments

Thread: VU+ Turbo Tuner Freeze

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

VU+ Turbo Tuner Freeze

Hi

I have an issue with the latest Image on a VU+ Solo2 using the VU+ Turbo tuner dvb-C/T/T2 I seen before it was reported for other version but was fix, but looks like back again or maybe something with my setup.

If I start the box and it's on Cable (VM Ireland) I can change channel between the cable channels without any issues, if I change to a Sat channel and change back to a cable channel the box freezes with the VIX logo on the top left, but I need to switch off the box.

I had done a fresh install without restoring data, I installed only CCCam 2.3.0 and driver dvb-usb-turbo (1.0-r-9) also tried new install with restore setting but same issue.

Any ideas how it could be fix, I seen other post that in the past someone mention changing to OScam but the host I use have a warning about using it

I tested with Blackhole image, all works ok but I don't like it, I prefer to keep using OpenVIX

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Oh no that does not sound good. I was about to buy one of these tuners today.

Does zapping feel as fast when u zap sat channels via fixed to the motherboard tuners vs usb turbo?
    Vu+ Solo2 - OpenVIX 5.0.025 - 2.5" 1TB Samsung hn-m101mbb (st1000lm024) - Vu+ USB Turbo tuner for VM - Sony KDL55W905A

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by delahmed View Post
    Oh no that does not sound good. I was about to buy one of these tuners today.

Does zapping feel as fast when u zap sat channels via fixed to the motherboard tuners vs usb turbo?
    I haven't noticed any delays with the zapping, for me as fast as when I zap on Sat channels

Title
    Thanks
    got one for my brother about 3 months ago he's had no problems since i set it up for him great little gadget

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smo0th75 View Post
    got one for my brother about 3 months ago he's had no problems since i set it up for him great little gadget

Is it on a Solo2 with the VU+ Turbo Tuner can you let me know what Image build, also what driver he has install and the softcam, is it CCcam or other?

If he has with CCcam could you remove them, do a back of the image and setting and maybe share them so I could test them on mine.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I ordered the VU+ Turbo yesterday despite reading this issue (and replying).

I put it in my Vu+ Solo2 which was updated to latest VIX yesterday, downloaded the driver, rebooted the solo2 and then i saw the C tuner.

Plugged in my terrestial freeview RF ariel just to test, set tuner to DVB-T2 and scanned and found 100+ freeview HD channels.

Great, went to test them and zapping is fine. Its nearly as fast as the Tuner A/B.

You can press down arrow on the remote to show all channels, and then green for Provider and then you can choose Terrestrial services to force Tuner C to show a channel.

So I select a channel on Tuner C (e.g. freeview channel), and then a channel on Tuner A (e.g. sky channel) and then try select any channel on Tuner C, it hangs immeadiately.

VIX 5.0.025
    CCAM version 2.30
    dvb-usb-turbo (1.0-r9)

I can upload my image minus my ccam if you would like?
    Vu+ Solo2 - OpenVIX 5.0.025 - 2.5" 1TB Samsung hn-m101mbb (st1000lm024) - Vu+ USB Turbo tuner for VM - Sony KDL55W905A

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes looks like the exact same issue as me, I have same versions you of driver, image and CCCam

Pity if I don't get it to work on openVix as I will need to change to BlackHole but I don't like it as find openVix easier to use .

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    May be helpful to switch on logging
    recreate the issue
    extract the logs and attach here
    someone may be able to look at it and see what the issue is

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Here is the Debug log from the 1st crash after enabling it.

Hope it helps

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, anyone with any ideas or ways to fix it? Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Has anyone solved this or is it still an issue?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes still an issue, I haven’t updated for a while.