Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Timer recordings empty/blank

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timer recordings empty/blank

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Question Timer recordings empty/blank

Timer recordings seems to work, but they don't, as the recordings turn out empty. Zero minutes and seconds. Direct recordings work just fine.

Edit: I'm using a double tuner block, and it seems like only one of the inputs get signal through, and this is the upper input. I deleted the upper (C) input, and used only the lower (D) to test if I could watch a program, but the screen is black. It has full signal, but no picture. On the screen I get a message reading something like this: No data on transponder (Timeout reading PAT)
    Last edited by Hamram; 27-08-17 at 22:50. Reason: Additional info

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is a bug... As a last attempt to find the problem, I flashed the box with an older image (5.005), and then everything worked just fine. Then I re-installed the latest, but got the same problem. Juist now I'm flasing version 21, but I don't know if it is any better. Both 23 and 24 had the same problem.
    Last edited by Hamram; 28-08-17 at 17:19.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Is this a satellite "double tuner block"?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Is this a satellite "double tuner block"?
    Yes it is.

Title
    Thanks
    There was an issue with twin tuner cards on Vu receivers. A script was added for some of the Vu receivers, but not the ultimo.

There is a workaround script knocking around. Have a search. Should have duo2 pre-fix.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Hamram (28-08-17)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Hamram (28-08-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I worked my way backwards, and version 5.0.013 is the newest version working with my double tuner block. I will now try the script in the latest version, just to see if I can make it run. I really hope this will be embedded in future releases. Thank you!

PS: I don't know if it matters, but I have a double satellite tuner, not T or C.
    Last edited by Hamram; 28-08-17 at 18:55.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I tried this, but no luck. It seems like I'm stuck on version 5.0.013. What was changed from version 13..?
    Last edited by Hamram; 28-08-17 at 19:24.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    By the way, is this a VIX problem, or will I find it in all images? Is there anyone in this forum who can fix this..? I know I can't...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This maybe same problem I had setting up box (not a VU+) for a friend of mine who wanted OpenATV. I noticed that despite in settings the tuner setup was set to auto, it didn't recognise the second tuner of the dual/twin DVB-C/T2 tuner that only has one input and splits the signal internally. The image recognised the first tuner but not second from this one physical tuner. I had to change settings to manual and set it up so that it knew two dvb-C/T2 tuners was available.

If it is the same issue then, it's not specifically related to Vix more of an OE-A core issue. If this is the case, flashing with likes of OpenPLi might be an idea to see if this image also has same issue with these type of tuners.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Maybe the problems are related, but in this case it is a dual block with two separate inputs. Both tuners are recognised by the image, but only one of them can get transponder data/signal. I will try another image ASAP, just to find out if this problem is in all images. It will be tough though, as I've used nothing but VIX for many years. ��

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I wasn't clear, both tuners showed as available (ie Tuner C & D) when using signal finder as I can switch between them but only Tuner C picked up a signal but Tuner D showed no signal (ie dead). That was until I changed setting from auto to manual and set it up, rebooted then signal finder worked and picked up signal on both tuner C & D.

It does sound very similar.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK, seems pretty similar then. I've never used any auto settings, so unfortunately the manual settings are already done. Maybe I should try it the other way around, and go auto.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamram For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (30-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    The commit that highlighted this driver issue is this:
    https://github.com/OpenPLi/enigma2/c...a7e7548a8eaf66

Anyway, the workaround has been added for the Ultimo. When 5.0 026 comes out, do not update! Flash/Install 5.0 026 (or newer) and then restore settings/plugins instead. Otherwise the script won't kick in.

Update = Menu > Setup > Software update

Flash/Install = Use USB or Image manager to install different image.

Guide to flashing/restore
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-and-Restores/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Hamram (31-08-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This workaround, is it possible for me to add it in version 25? I'm an amateur, so my knowledge is't very big, but I understand the basics, and I can use Filezilla...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast