Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu Duo2 DVB-C tuners ( Help!! )

Title
    Thanks

Vu Duo2 DVB-C tuners ( Help!! )

Hello guys

I am trying to buy dvbc tuner for my VU+ duo 2 but not sure which one is good.

What is diffrance between a hybrid and dual tuner?

I want to watch one channel and record another, shall I but 2 x single or 2 x hybrid or dual??

Many thanks
    Yass

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Single Sat tuner = One card, and also one tuner.

Dual Sat tuner = One card, but two tuners. Best to connect satellite signal wires for best usage.

Single Hybrid = One card, and also one tuner. You can select between Terrestrial/Cable. You can only use it in either Cable or Terrestrial mode, not both.

Dual Hybrid Tuner = One card, but two tuners. The tuners have an internal splitter, so you only need one signal wire. You can only use it in either Cable or Terrestrial mode, not both.

The Vu Duo2 can only accept two pluggable tuner cards. I would recommend that you get a twin hybrid card.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...n-tuner-module

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

yasiree (22-08-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    2 Dual Hybrid Tuners watch 1 and Mrs can record 3 and they work great in Duo²

5. The Following User Says Thank You to v8rick For This Useful Post:

yasiree (22-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Question

Can I watch any channel while recording anything on virg*n

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    People always talk about recording channels. This approach does not really lead to a good understanding of the principles. You are better off thinking in terms of frequencies/transponders/multiplexes.

If you have one tuner, you can record/view many channels from one frequency.
    If you have two tuners, you can record/view many channels from two frequencies.

There are different numbers of channels on different frequencies, so not easy to say number of channels.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 22-08-17 at 16:41. Reason: underlined "many"