Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Wired network freezes

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wired network freezes

Title
    Thanks

Wired network freezes

Several times a day the network completely freezes on my OS mega network. Box is connected to the wired network. Originally I thought this was related to any plugin like MgCamd, cccam but I am actually having this issue without any plugins loaded. No problems at all with network freezes when using wifi. I have also discovered that by reseating the ethernet cable from ethernet port on the OS mega, the network is resumed. To me this is either a software bug with the ethernet driver or a possible hardware issue. I cannot remember having this problem when I was on openvix 4. I have not yet tried to flash with openatv but I am seriously considering that because this is really frustrating. Any help is highly appreciated.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Looks like a hardware problem to me. Try with a different ethernet cable first. Also power cycle your modem/router.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Resetting the Router also helps to clear the cache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I have tried to change ethernet cable, put it different port of my router (VM Superhub 3.0). I have rebooted the router many times. None of these actually helped. I am starting to suspect there might be an issue with my router. By just reseating the cable in the router, network is resumed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are there any other devices plugged into the router?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ip address conflict ?
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    No other devices plugged in with ethernet cable in the router, but of course a bunch of wifi devices like phones and tablets etc connected via wifi. I am using DHCP on everything so there is no ip conflict on my network. I believe the problem is actually with my router. Yesterday I hooked up a D-link dir 615 switch to my suberhub 3 router and connected my OSmega to my D-link. I just configured D-link as a pass through switch. DHCP still on the superhub. Guess what? No more network disconnect so far. So my conclusion to this is that my OS mega ethernet and VM superhub 3.0 does not like each other. Perhaps it is a hardware fault on the superhub but I am sure that it will be impossible to prove that for the support since it only happens intermittent.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Those "super" hubs are known to be a pile of crap. Actually most provider-supplied gear is cheap crap. You could also test the router by connecting a laptop/pc directly to it by cable and see what happens. I would very much doubt the receiver is faulty.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Did you ever check your Downstream and upstream power levels on the Super hub?
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Never checked Downstream and upstream power levels on the Super hub. Is there any value that I should look out for?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes. Power levels not at the correct rate can significant affect on your network.
    Downstream should be between -6 and +10.
    Upstream levels Should be in the 40’s or high 30’s
    Last edited by Ashley69; 22-08-17 at 11:08.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Downstream is between +6 and +10 and Upstream is between 47-49 so I guess that parts is fine

Title
    Thanks
    Unfortunately my problem continues. I got a new SH3 from VM and I have tried both in modem only mode (connected to another router) and router mode. The OSmega's network shuts down at least once a day regardless of my setup. I can resume network by restarting network in the openvix network setup or by simply reseating the ethernet cable. This has to be either a bug in the image or hardware fault on the ethernet port. If I am swapping to wifi then my freezes are gone. However the wifi speed is not that great and I want to use the wired network. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by jthyme; 25-08-17 at 08:38.

Title
    Thanks
    My dad has same issue with his VM router.

Won't pass any data through lan to his OS mini+. Is assigned and IP address and passes the network test but can't download any data e.g. Plugins ect

Luckily it has wifi which works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Problems continues. I have done a fresh install with OpenViX 5.0.032. No IPTV or any extra extension loaded but still the wired internal LAN adapter freezes from time to time. I have contacted the hardware vendor and they say it is a bug or driver problem in openvix and I should try with openATV instead. According to them it is not a hardware fault. I don't really want to use openATV anyway so I will not go down that road. Looks to me that it has to be a driver issue here. I don't have any issues when configuring the box to use wifi adapter instead. Can somebody on the Vix team investigate this driver/bug problem? I really want to be able to use the wired network instead of wifi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast