Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nordvpn-openvpn-enigma2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jth View Post
    the user and pass
    set in notepad ++
    that right?
    user
    password
    Yes line1 user line2 password then save it password.conf
    Last edited by v8rick; 05-12-17 at 20:53.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by v8rick View Post
    ive no idea why it says running in openvpn
    but when i run telnet i get same ip when its on or off?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks m8 sorted

Title
    Thanks
    OK I'm having difficulty with Nord/ Open VPN.
    I did the client.conf and password.conf files and sent them over to Vu+ Ultimo 4k and restarted the box.
    Open VPN is showing the plugin is running green and autoenabled but I have no internet access to the box.
    Tried running the wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo command in telnet but just keeps returning me back to the root command prompt.
    Am I missing something silly?
    Any ideas anyone ??
    Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if your router is virmin sh3 ive read about problems but there was a solution posted on here im sure

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using VM Superhub 3 but I have a smart android TV and a NAS on the same network using the same Nordvpn config files UK 149 and they are both connected and working OK right now.
    Its just the VU+ box I'm having difficulty with.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I only have Duo² Solo² and a couple of zero's its been good on them and on a F4 setup for a friend. maybe someone with Vu+ Ultimo 4k could help you more.

Title
    Thanks
    I only have Duo² Solo² and a couple of zero's its been good on them and on a F4 setup for a friend. maybe someone with Vu+ Ultimo 4k could help you more.
    Cheers I hope so, dunno what else to try.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by taximonkey View Post
    I'm using VM Superhub 3 but I have a smart android TV and a NAS on the same network using the same Nordvpn config files UK 149 and they are both connected and working OK right now.
    Its just the VU+ box I'm having difficulty with.
    I dont know if you sorted this but I had similar issues regardless what OpenVPN I tried on enigma2 I couldnt get it to work, after a lot of messing about I changed box to google DNS and it worked.

Turn off OpenVPN

Goto network wizard and change DHPC to no then set Nameservers to Google DNS:

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

For some reason VM Hub 3 doesnt like OpenVPN on enigma2 although I have no issues on any other devices

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

v8rick (11-12-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    I dont know if you sorted this but I had similar issues regardless what OpenVPN I tried on enigma2 I couldnt get it to work, after a lot of messing about I changed box to google DNS and it worked.

Turn off OpenVPN

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

For some reason VM Hub 3 doesnt like OpenVPN on enigma2 although I have no issues on any other devices
    I think yours was the solution i had read

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post

Turn off OpenVPN

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

Cheers I managed to figure it out.
    Instead of entering what you said I found NordVPN own Nameserver settings and entered them and it all works ok.

Title
    Thanks

Vpn guide help

@ Northern Monkey
    Sorted m8 NORDVPN Running Duo² Solo² and zero. pmd you
    Now i need a new challenge
    Any chance you could send me on a guide to install NordVPN on my enigma 2 devices? I am using open atv latest image

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ITs in Post #16 in this thread

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi
    Having recently signed up to nordvpn for a month testing I have been following this thread closely I have the files in etc/openvpn for client and password done in notepad ++
    I picked a usa server to try with no luck even used the nordvpn named servers in the network setup I did the edit to get a log file which is not showing anything rebooted the box with every change or edit
    and openvpn is showing stopped.
    a Cpl of questions I would like to ask 1) copying the nordvpn openvpn files can one or more be added to the etc/openvpn file so to select a server, do you think it maybe worth trying a uk server first to see if I get a hit? and the mention of the speed connection would that be something to play about with.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satmanbasil View Post
    Hi
    Having recently signed up to nordvpn for a month testing I have been following this thread closely I have the files in etc/openvpn for client and password done in notepad ++
    I picked a usa server to try with no luck even used the nordvpn named servers in the network setup I did the edit to get a log file which is not showing anything rebooted the box with every change or edit
    and openvpn is showing stopped.
    a Cpl of questions I would like to ask 1) copying the nordvpn openvpn files can one or more be added to the etc/openvpn file so to select a server, do you think it maybe worth trying a uk server first to see if I get a hit? and the mention of the speed connection would that be something to play about with.
    I have a VPN script here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post467100 that works with Nord VPN and uses vpn changer to switch servers

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast