Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nordvpn-openvpn-enigma2

Title
    Thanks

Nordvpn-openvpn-enigma2

Hi, I have a Gigablue ultra ue running openvix, working great apart from..
    So I'm trying to get Nordvpn working via openvpn and cannot find a guide anywhere, well one that didn't work.
    I know there are many guides for setting up a vpn from lots of different providers, all of which you need a .crt file and a .pem file, Nordvpn don't use them, I know I emailed them, they also didn't have a clue what files I needed and what to rename them.
    So after about 4 hours of searching I found one thread about putting Nordvpn on a enigma2 receiver via openvpn, it was in Italian, so I used google translate and this is what he said..
    Select one file from config list, eg de28.nordvpn.com.tcp443.ovpn
    Open with notepad.
    After "auth-user-pass" simply insert "password.conf", so line looks like "auth-user-pass password.conf"
    Then rename to openvpn.conf, save.
    Then create a .txt file and write your username in the first line, then password on the second line.
    Rename the file to "password.conf", save.
    Put both of these files into openvpn folder and send to receiver.
    I did all this, made the files as described, put them in the folder and used FileZilla to send them to my receiver, created a folder in etc called openvpn (on receiver), transferred the openvpn.conf and password.conf files into it.
    Went into openvpn setup on the receiver, enabled auto start, press start and it doesn't do anything, no log file either.
    Anybody got any ideas?
    Has anybody ever successfully put Nordvpn on a enigma2 receiver?
    Seems strange that there is only me and one Italian guy that has ever tried to do this, given the fact that Nordvpn and enigma2 receivers are so popular.
    Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi I've been trying on and off for a couple of months.The closest i got was a fault error in the log. I contacted Nord they say they will think about it.try contacting them it might spur them on.
    Like you say
    there can't only be 2 now three of us with the Nord and Enigma2 combination

3. The Following User Says Thank You to v8rick For This Useful Post:

Northern Monkey (21-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    theres 3 of us? Wooo hoo
    I've tried contacting Nordvpn, they didn't really have a clue, they pointed out a few guides for their other services that wasn't much help either.
    Seems I've hit a brick wall, posted on 4 different forums and read probably close to a 1000 threads and got absolutely nowhere.
    I've got nearly 14 months left on my Nordvpn account so buying a vpn router might be my only option.
    Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
    theres 3 of us? Wooo hoo
    I've tried contacting Nordvpn, they didn't really have a clue, they pointed out a few guides for their other services that wasn't much help either.
    Seems I've hit a brick wall, posted on 4 different forums and read probably close to a 1000 threads and got absolutely nowhere.
    I've got nearly 14 months left on my Nordvpn account so buying a vpn router might be my only option.
    Thanks.
    I also went for the 2 years with Nord. I could put it on my router but thats too easy.i quite like the learning curve.(this one could win and defeat me) i did it with oscam and got there in the end ,never did buy a 4k box that needed oscam.
    I sent nord a guide a month ago and they semmed quite interested,but the files haven't appeared.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by v8rick View Post
    I also went for the 2 years with Nord. I could put it on my router but thats too easy.i quite like the learning curve.(this one could win and defeat me) i did it with oscam and got there in the end ,never did buy a 4k box that needed oscam.
    I sent nord a guide a month ago and they semmed quite interested,but the files haven't appeared.
    You sent Nordvpn a guide? Any chance of sending it to me?
    I have one option at the moment and that is to buy a vpn router, which I didn't really want to do but looks more and more likely unfortunately.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Always the best option to use a VPN router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Northern Monkey (22-08-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
    You sent Nordvpn a guide? Any chance of sending it to me?
    I have one option at the moment and that is to buy a vpn router, which I didn't really want to do but looks more and more likely unfortunately.
    The guide was off this site for vanish i think. making the files needed myself didnt work.
    pmd link. Cant you put it on current router there's a list of routers on nord, I can put it on belkin but enableing and disableing isnt just a on off option and VPN messes things up for my sons connection doing Masters degree.
    Last edited by v8rick; 22-08-17 at 10:41.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to v8rick For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    I think my only option is going to be a vpn router.
    I am currently on virgin, superhub 3, so you can't put a vpn straight on there, you can however turn the on modem mode on the superhub 3 and then add a vpn router.
    I've been looking at a few asus vpn routers, look good, but abit worried it will affect the rest of the house.
    Anyone know if it's possible to have vpn on just one Ethernet port on a vpn router and the rest clear.
    All my other gadgets have the Nordvpn app so I can use that as I need it, the only other device I have that doesn't have an app is my firestick, but I managed to manually add a Nordvpn server to that.
    Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Got one of these to try out with Pia Vpn download speed takes a big hit but works great

PHP Code:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073TSK26W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
    Home page here

PHP Code:
    https://www.gl-inet.com/products/ 
    I reviewer on amazon says Nord Ovpn works on the GL.iNet GL-AR300M version
    Last edited by bassethound; 22-08-17 at 14:43.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The main thing is, none of the ideas on how to get around the openvpn not working, make it work? So why have the openVpn option in the network Services on openvix

Title
    Thanks
    The main thing is, none of the ideas on how to get around the openvpn not working, make it work? So why have the openVpn option in the network Services on openvix
    I have pia vpn and it works fine on my duo 2 so your problem is your vpn provider not openvpn

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletts View Post
    I have pia vpn and it works fine on my duo 2 so your problem is your vpn provider not openvpn
    That's the problem right there, it's finding the right files from Nordvpn and knowing what to name them and what to change inside the ovpn file.
    Once you find that out, it'll be easy to setup.
    As you say other providers work, just a shame Nordvpn aren't more help.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletts View Post
    can you post a copy of your client.conf ?(obviouslly with pass and usr blanked with xxxx)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ Northern Monkey
    Sorted m8 NORDVPN Running Duo² Solo² and zero. pmd you
    Now i need a new challenge
    Last edited by v8rick; 27-08-17 at 09:05.

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    @ Northern Monkey
    Sorted m8 NORDVPN Running Duo² Solo² and zero. pmd you
    Now i need a new challenge
    Am I missing something ???
    This is a support forum, keeping it to yourself and pm'ing to other members is not what a support forum is about, I can't believe no one pulls you up on it
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donnie For This Useful Post:

john doe (22-10-17),roybach (04-12-17),seame (08-12-17),v8rick (27-08-17)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast