Hi, I have a Gigablue ultra ue running openvix, working great apart from..
So I'm trying to get Nordvpn working via openvpn and cannot find a guide anywhere, well one that didn't work.
I know there are many guides for setting up a vpn from lots of different providers, all of which you need a .crt file and a .pem file, Nordvpn don't use them, I know I emailed them, they also didn't have a clue what files I needed and what to rename them.
So after about 4 hours of searching I found one thread about putting Nordvpn on a enigma2 receiver via openvpn, it was in Italian, so I used google translate and this is what he said..
Select one file from config list, eg de28.nordvpn.com.tcp443.ovpn
Open with notepad.
After "auth-user-pass" simply insert "password.conf", so line looks like "auth-user-pass password.conf"
Then rename to openvpn.conf, save.
Then create a .txt file and write your username in the first line, then password on the second line.
Rename the file to "password.conf", save.
Put both of these files into openvpn folder and send to receiver.
I did all this, made the files as described, put them in the folder and used FileZilla to send them to my receiver, created a folder in etc called openvpn (on receiver), transferred the openvpn.conf and password.conf files into it.
Went into openvpn setup on the receiver, enabled auto start, press start and it doesn't do anything, no log file either.
Anybody got any ideas?
Has anybody ever successfully put Nordvpn on a enigma2 receiver?
Seems strange that there is only me and one Italian guy that has ever tried to do this, given the fact that Nordvpn and enigma2 receivers are so popular.
Thanks.