Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgin and Sky FTA all channels not showing in ABM

Title
    Thanks

Virgin and Sky FTA all channels not showing in ABM

Hi all,

Current Set Up: VU+ Solo 2 with 2x DVB-S and 1x VU Turbo USB DVB-C, openvix-5.0.016.

I have VM working on my box and would like to have FTA Sat channels in my ABM.

Im using Dsayers custom mix from

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...y-UK-CustomMix

Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, providers

Sky uk yes
    Sky UK your area custom
    no need to generate bouquets.

Virgin UK yes
    Virgin UK your net Id
    the rest is upto you

Virgin UK is on top.
    all copied from the above thread by Dsayers

The International channels I wanted are not on there. I have checked to make sure I they are not selected as hidden.

When I go into TV Guide>Green (satellites)> 28.2E Astra...I can find the channel on this and it works.
    For reference, if you click in the link below and click international, the ones I want are all the FTA ones:

https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_...#International

How do I get the FTA international channels in my ABM which are only available on SKY UK?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Which international channels did you want? Quite a few that were FTA are no longer FTA. Please list the ones you wanted.

Also, do you want to replace the ones in the ones in the virgin bouquet with the ones from the Sky bouquets or do you want to have a separate bouquet?

Title
    Thanks
    Using that particular mix file, these are the virgin channels replaced by 28.2 FTA ones.

Code:
            <insert target="807" source="810" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- SONY SAB -->
            <insert target="811" source="795" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- &TV -->
            <insert target="813" source="789" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Zing -->
            <insert target="816" source="781" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- B4U Music -->
            <insert target="825" source="796" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- TV5 MONDE -->
            <insert target="826" source="786" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- COLORS -->
            <insert target="827" source="822" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Rishtey -->
            <insert target="833" source="844" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- HUM EUROPE -->
            <insert target="835" source="329" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Nollywood -->
    Note:
    &TV is no longer FTA, a few more being encrypted in coming weeks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dsayers (16-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Using that particular mix file, these are the virgin channels replaced by 28.2 FTA ones.

Code:
            <insert target="807" source="810" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- SONY SAB -->
            <insert target="811" source="795" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- &TV -->
            <insert target="813" source="789" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Zing -->
            <insert target="816" source="781" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- B4U Music -->
            <insert target="825" source="796" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- TV5 MONDE -->
            <insert target="826" source="786" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- COLORS -->
            <insert target="827" source="822" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Rishtey -->
            <insert target="833" source="844" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- HUM EUROPE -->
            <insert target="835" source="329" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Nollywood -->
    Note:
    Do you know what channels this will be & are they being encrypted on just sky or virgin too ?

Title
    Thanks
    Colors, Rishtey, Rishtey Cineplex & News18 will join Sky basic pack
    Code:
    https://www.bizasialive.com/colors-rishtey-rishtey-cineplex-news18-join-sky-basic-pack/
    In essence, there are only 5 free channels on Virgin, the rest are encrypted. If you are asking if the channels will only be viewable on official receivers, I hope not. The other Asian channels which are no longer FTA, i.e become encrypted, are still viewable on non-official receivers for now. &TV HD was unviewable for a while, it came back.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    nasifkhan we spoke about this on another forum and I couldn't work out why this is happening.

Can you remove the custommix enable debug logs and with abm change sky uk generate sections bouquet yes and virgin uk no.

Reboot box to activate debug then rescan abm and see if the channels show and upload the debug log to here in zip

Link to enabling debug log http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...port-questions

Thanks for the info Abu I'll have a read up on it this weekend
    Last edited by dsayers; 17-08-17 at 06:49.

Title
    Thanks
    There is no reason to zip the debug log.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dsayers (17-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    If possible, i would prefer for the these channels to remain as they are with Virgin.
    I would like to pull the remaining international channels from Sky.

In terms of a bouquet, I would prefer to have one bouquet with all the International channels from Virgin and Sky under the "International" header.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxbox360 View Post
    Do you know what channels this will be & are they being encrypted on just sky or virgin too ?
    If possible, i would prefer for the these channels to remain as they are with Virgin.

In terms of a bouquet, I would prefer to have one bouquet with all the International channels from Virgin and Sky under the "International" header.

***MOD - Please delete post #8***

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    nasifkhan we spoke about this on another forum and I couldn't work out why this is happening.

Can you remove the custommix enable debug logs and with abm change sky uk generate sections bouquet yes and virgin uk no.

Reboot box to activate debug then rescan abm and see if the channels show and upload the debug log to here in zip

Link to enabling debug log http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...port-questions

Thanks for the info Abu I'll have a read up on it this weekend
    I have attached the report.
    BTW, how do i delete the custommix?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    Which international channels did you want? Quite a few that were FTA are no longer FTA. Please list the ones you wanted.

Also, do you want to replace the ones in the ones in the virgin bouquet with the ones from the Sky bouquets or do you want to have a separate bouquet?

Code:
    Note:

I would also like to do the same with the FTA News channels.
    I would also like to do the same with the FTA Children's channels

In terms of a bouquet, I would prefer to have one bouquet with all the International channels from Virgin and Sky combined under the "International" header, also the same for news.
    Last edited by nasifkhan; 17-08-17 at 11:01.

Title
    Thanks
    You need to specify exactly what you want instead of expecting people to work it out for you.

ABM works with official numbers. As an example if you want:
    Hum Masala (799) added to Virgin position 841
    Geo TV (807) added to Virgin position 842

Post with this wording or similar. Numbers are what we need to help.

Sky 799 into Virgin 841
    Sky 807 into Virgin 842

Once again, numbers please. Bear in mind that the audio description bouquets starts at 851

Note:
    It may work out better not to use the custom mix system, but lets start off with it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. When I get back I'll do that.

Title
    Thanks
    Is there a way to find out which numbers are free?
    Do I just do ABM with virgin numbers and see which are not taken?

Title
    Thanks
    simplest way is to run sky in FTA mode. set sky as first provider, do not create the main bouquet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast