Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IPTV recorded movie list has long name and no movie description.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    i don't have multi room! theres a post knocking around on here where there was a couple of people that can record and watch at sametime
    well then their provider did not implement firewall rules to allow only 1 simultaneous connection per account/IP. I can ony imagine what the streams are like.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alankellyeire View Post
    well then their provider did not implement firewall rules to allow only 1 simultaneous connection per account/IP. I can ony imagine what the streams are like.
    my streams are fantastic.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Woah....

From that description you aren't referring to the filename it is saved under, you are describing how it is shown in the Movie List menu (which is something completely different).
    Is that correct?
    Yes, I am talking about the Movie List... I have also noticed that the coloured button beside the Movie Name in the Movie List is not red while recording, it is always green.

I am sure with a bit of programming these features can be added to the IPTV 4097 mode.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Do you have any EPG data for the IPTV channel?

I suspect that recordings are trying to get EPG data to store as the name, and also to get the description. But if you have no EPG there is nothing for it to get so it uses a generic "date - movie name - channel" for the name and leaves the description blank.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    When it uses Stream Type IPTV (4097) It doesn't correctly name the recording. Do the same recording and change Stream Type to DVB (1:xx:xx) etc and you get correctly named recordings. Even with Stream type set to IPTV (4097) and linking the Service Name to that to get your correct EPG It still does not work. Also using 4097 creates all kinds of issues from lockups and audio lip sync issues. Unfortunately ViX isn't IPTV ready. I have mentioned this to team members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Do you have any EPG data for the IPTV channel?

I suspect that recordings are trying to get EPG data to store as the name, and also to get the description. But if you have no EPG there is nothing for it to get so it uses a generic "date - movie name - channel" for the name and leaves the description blank.
    Yes... I as I mentioned in my second post; I have used eChannelizer to link and EPG channel to the IPTV channel.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_69 View Post
    Yes... I as I mentioned in my second post; I have used eChannelizer to link and EPG channel to the IPTV channel.
    But as I've mentioned, you need to change your stream type from IPTV to DVB. No other way.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    But as I've mentioned, you need to change your stream type from IPTV to DVB. No other way.
    Which makes one (well, me at least) wonder why two options exist in the first place if one of them doesn't work properly, but changing it to the other makes everything OK.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Which makes one (well, me at least) wonder why two options exist in the first place if one of them doesn't work properly, but changing it to the other makes everything OK.
    Its not perfect perfect by any means. IPTV recordings are hit & miss. I'd say I have 70% success with recordings with DVB Stream Type whereas IPTV Stream Type is just a complete disaster.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12