Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: TM-2T insufficient memory?

Title
    Thanks

TM-2T insufficient memory?

Hi all,

I have been experiencing a few problems with my TM-2T freezing (spinner) just recently even though I have a swap file (largest possible) set up to work from start up.
    I'm using the internal tuners for satellite, plus a USB tuner for cable.
    The box has served me well until now but I wonder if it is showing it's age and is struggling to cope with demand.
    Before I start looking for triple or quad tuner box to replace it, can anyone tell me if there's a way of expanding the memory further than the largest standard swapfile size?

Thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    what makes you think it is a memory problem causin the freezing?

what is the reciver doing when it is freezing? e.g do you have a plugin running, IPTV channel open.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Alan,

Generally it freezes whilst watching cable tv, and when I switch it on!

Title
    Thanks
    To qualify what I meant above. We have taken to shutting the box down on a Freesat channel, as if it starts up on a cable channel, it freezes. Either that, or we have to switch our router off first.

Title
    Thanks
    a guest would be a bad oscam configuration( thats if your using oscam for your cable channels). cheeck ur config or disable it. i remember helping someone else with a similar issue and i think we figured out it was a bad oscam config in the end. ill look through my posts on here and other forums and see can i find it.

if not oscam it could be a plugin.

first thing to do is try to narrow down the cause.

if i was you i would.
    take a full backup of your current image and copy it to your PC(so u can restore it at a later date).
    then install a clean image. dont restore a backup after install.
    Install the bare minimum of what you need. e.g no extra plugins and see if the problems still occur.
    then every day or 2 without issue take a backup image before you install other plugins you use and see if you can narrow down the cause.
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 01-08-17 at 11:17.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alankellyeire For This Useful Post:

Armpit1UK (05-08-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What softcam are you using? mgcamd will do funny things if logging is set up to log to a non-existent ip address. It happens when people grab configs from the web instead of setting it up themselves.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Armpit1UK (05-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm using MGCamd but the log option is set at 00. I will have to try the fresh install as suggested by Alankellyeire.