Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Solo2 and IPTV

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Solo2 and IPTV

Hi All,

I am thinking of putting IPTV on my Solo2 (Hope I am not breaking any rules) and was hoping some kind member would give me the pros and cons.

I on the latest VIX image 5.0.023 and have been told by a friend that tried it on a minix android box that it didn't work very well, he said he couldn't record any channels which isn't a game changer for me if it is correct.

I was wondering how much knowledge I need to learn I have only just grasped DCC and telneting my VU box, will I still be able to use my VU box on satellites and IPTV, I have fibre so shouldn't have a problem with internet speed, but need some information on setting up.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    James.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quick answer, I'm sure that you will cope with IPTV installation , my provider gave the necessary instruction for installing onto an Enigma 2 box - a Mutant in my case and the picture quality is very good and much better than what was to be seen using Kodi on an Android box. No need for ultra fast internet speed either ,works perfectly well with 200/500 Mbps home plugs , Content/Continuity/Availability/Glitching/Freezing and all the other gremlins associated with streaming do occur but not to often. There are also other advantages such as VOD which can offer Film Packs etc. Choose a good provider and you should have a rewarding setup with a good epg and not to many down times , suggest you try a Test first. happy hunting.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to roybach For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (25-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    PROS:
    -better picture than sat
    -VOD on demand(tv series, films, ppv events)
    -more than just UK channels. e.g US/Canadian
    -multiple stream choices for live events.

CONS:
    -no recording unless your provider provides it and recordings not as reliable as using a cam.
    -more powerful device required.
    -channels slower to open.
    -have to create a cron job to run the providers script regularly to keep your VOD and some channels up to date
    -no epg with some providers.(this is time consuming to configure if your provider doesn’t have the channels with the correct service ID)
    -heavy on your internet bandwidth.
    -time consuming integrating IPTV channels into your Bouquets if you use a custom bouquets list.
    -every receiver has a different set of bouquets with its own USERNAME & PASSWORD so more difficult to manage multiple receivers.
    -if a channels freezes you have to change channels and go back again to get it back(this could be just cuz of my provider though)
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 25-07-17 at 11:00.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @ Roybach and Alankellyeire,

Thanks for the info...am I best downloading the IPTV plugin to get me started I think there are 2 in the plugins, or is there some other software I need.

Thanks,
    James.