Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi thinking of buying a Octagon SF4008.

Title
    Thanks

Hi thinking of buying a Octagon SF4008.

I need to use a Argolis Smargo Triple Reader on this receiver, (orange casing programmer) would this be a problem, i need to know this would work on Octagon SF4008, it would need a driver to get it to work, there is one for the dreambox 800se which i currently use. without a problem, is there one for the Octagon SF4008.

thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hazzardboy7 View Post

I need to use a Argolis Smargo Triple Reader on this receiver, (orange casing programmer) would this be a problem, i need to know this would work on Octagon SF4008, it would need a driver to get it to work, there is one for the dreambox 800se which i currently use. without a problem, is there one for the Octagon SF4008.

thanks
    What drivers do you install on the dreambox? USBserial drivers?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    What drivers do you install on the dreambox? USBserial drivers?
    yes thats the ones.

thank you

Title
    Thanks
    box came, and reader works fine, however i cant get a signal on 5 west mediaset stream 2 channels, 5 west channels are working, just not these, says no signal,any thing i need to do, to get these channels.

thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Need more info on how you are trying to scan in channels.

Precise TP at least would be useful, are you using ViX ? if so then the multistream channels will be included in the default satellited.xml and would pick them up on an automatic satellite scan unless you are using a ready made channel list and it's over writing default satellites.xml in which case you would need to scan manually and entering all parameters including PLS details.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to maxben For This Useful Post:

hazzardboy7 (25-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    hi i deleted the sat xml, from the mix image, could someone upload it please, i used the one i used in my dreambox which i updated myself maybe that wasn't a good idea.

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Get latest one from here

Code:
    http://satellites-xml.org/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

hazzardboy7 (26-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    that has brought the rai ones in, but still no mediaset, no channels found om all of there fregs that i have checked so far

thanks for the help

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Please be specific which transponders and channels you are trying to tune. What frequencies and TSID?

Mediaset channels work fine in default OpenViX without any mucking about.

You do realize the majority of the Mediaset channels are Nagravision encrypted? Do you have a subscription?

Please post screen grabs of signal finder so we can see the parameters you are using.

mediaset.jpg
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Please be specific which transponders and channels you are trying to tune. What frequencies and TSID?

Mediaset channels work fine in default OpenViX without any mucking about.

You do realize the majority of the Mediaset channels are Nagravision encrypted? Do you have a subscription?

Please post screen grabs of signal finder so we can see the parameters you are using.

mediaset.jpg
    hi, i did a scan with the sat xml on the link you sent me, they dont work, this is not a clearing of the picture, its the fact im not getting the signal.

I do get rai channels now which i didn't before, after updating to the sat xml, these are fta, however on mediset channels the pay ones i need a card for, i cant get a signal, if i enter the freg directly it scans and then says no channels found.

it might well be the sat xml is not updated for these channels

Channels like rai 5 many rai radio channels fta i get a signal and see the picture/ hear the audio, channels on 12585 H or 12585 v no signal no channels found

i think i made a mistake in removing the org sat xml file, could someone please update the one that came with the vix image if they can please.

thanks
    Last edited by hazzardboy7; 26-07-17 at 16:49.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys also looking at sf4008 or edision os mega. Whats the advantage with s2x and whats multistream about. Someone pls clarify.

I only have fixed dish at mo 28.2

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by irfyd View Post
    Hi guys also looking at sf4008 or edision os mega. Whats the advantage with s2x and whats multistream about. Someone pls clarify.

I only have fixed dish at mo 28.2

more channels is the advantage, the more the receiver can do the better really, but we are really talking motorized dishes rather than fixed unless you lock onto 5 west satellite

Title
    Thanks
    5 west are we able to get it from here in UK ? bigger dish maybe...also not much left of sly now was thinkin goin for 2x cable and 1x s2x

Is there more FTA chans on 5 West, 4k content

Also soma that's been buggin me for ages also have solo4k on kodi none of the 4k stuff plays. is that same on sf4008?

Title
    Thanks
    i have a 1.2 metre dish, but a smaller dish would pick up the satellite a 90cm would be fine maybe smaller

dont think there is any ultra hd on 5 west that is fta

no idea on kodi, i don't use it

all

if any kind person could upload the sat xml from there viz image, i would be grateful

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    What is wrong with the satellite.xml from satellite-xml.org?

BTW, 5.0W is a high power satellite. Should be an easy catch on a 60cm dish.

@hazardboy7, can't help any further as you haven't answered a single question anyone in this thread has asked you.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast