Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K, FBC and oscam information please

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K, FBC and oscam information please

Hi all,

have a 4k t.v and i'm thinking of replacing my gigablue quad plus for gigablue quad 4k.

posted on another thread but was told to make my own as I had wandered off topic, sorry for that.

first of all, I don't understand oscam and I currently use mgcamd. from what I gather its a different softcam to do with the chip the new box uses, and I can convert my mgcamd to oscam as well I suspect? and was told I could transfer settings to new box?

FBC Full Band Capture tuner which means it is possible to record many different channels at the same time without the need for additional cables? it would be a cable one I would want if gigablue do them as I wouldn't record different sat channels.
    I was told I'd need a unicable lnb (i understand this is connected to the dish to receive the signals and would replace the one I have, haven't the foggiest on set-up of said device, but as stated before it would be the cable one I would want)
    unicable switch (haven't a clue but from what I've gathered, you don't need the unicable lnb because of this? as stated again I don't want to record numerous sat channels, but as I asked for info I thought I'd try to understand without being ignorant)

was also told kodi might become available for this box and iptv is OK for this box

also there's no openvix image for this box, so wouldn't be sure how to set up if I ordered box, I did set up my own quad plus using the very informative guide on here!

sorry again in advance for my ignorance as i must come across as thick to some ppl but I'm trying to understand

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    As far as I know, only Vu provide an FBC DVB-C tuner. The Uno 4k can only take one tuner card. The Ultimo 4k takes two FBC tuner cards (either sat or cable) and one conventional tuner card.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

watling85 (22-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    You cannot split/share a signal wire from a satellite signal wire which is connected to a normal/standard LNB.

You can split/share a DVB-C and DVB-T signal wire.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

watling85 (22-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by watling85 View Post
    Hi all,

have a 4k t.v and i'm thinking of replacing my gigablue quad plus for gigablue quad 4k.

posted on another thread but was told to make my own as I had wandered off topic, sorry for that.

first of all, I don't understand oscam and I currently use mgcamd. from what I gather its a different softcam to do with the chip the new box uses, and I can convert my mgcamd to oscam as well I suspect? and was told I could transfer settings to new box?

FBC Full Band Capture tuner which means it is possible to record many different channels at the same time without the need for additional cables? it would be a cable one I would want if gigablue do them as I wouldn't record different sat channels.
    I was told I'd need a unicable lnb (i understand this is connected to the dish to receive the signals and would replace the one I have, haven't the foggiest on set-up of said device, but as stated before it would be the cable one I would want)
    unicable switch (haven't a clue but from what I've gathered, you don't need the unicable lnb because of this? as stated again I don't want to record numerous sat channels, but as I asked for info I thought I'd try to understand without being ignorant)

was also told kodi might become available for this box and iptv is OK for this box

also there's no openvix image for this box, so wouldn't be sure how to set up if I ordered box, I did set up my own quad plus using the very informative guide on here!

sorry again in advance for my ignorance as i must come across as thick to some ppl but I'm trying to understand

thanks
    So just to clarify I believe you have currently a normal sat dish and LNB? ..... and I assume you only access 28.2E?
    If correct then you can use the Giga 4K FBC sat tuners
    If not and you need cable then the Giga 4K only has an optional pnp C/T tuner...... so the VU+ boxes would be an alternative for cable.

Inverto have a range of Sat LNB's including Unicable that would do the job for you - they also on their WEB site have a pdf describing various Unicable setups that might be of interest.

Once you wrap your mind around Unicable it's not too difficult and the Unicable tuner setup in the image is quite straight forward - hopefully ViX will produce an image for the receiver.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

watling85 (22-07-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi abu and twol, thanks for ypur replies!

Sorry I forgot to mention I have a motorised dish and single lnb. And cable hybrid optional card.

Would the card I have work in the new 4k gigablue?

Just seen that the new 4k gigablue has multi room and streaming capabilities which ad rather have over the 8 channel record function to be fair.

Thanks again

Title
    Thanks
    Unicable LNBs are not designed for motorised systems. You would be better off having two dishes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

watling85 (22-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Here is a picture detailing what you can do with a Jess2/Unicable2 LNB.

Note:
    Please do not join FBC tuners with unicable in your thought process. They are two different technologies. People get in a muddle when they think of them together.

FBC tuners will work with standard LNBs. You will have loop-through tuners
    FBC tuners will work with unicable LNBs. You will have independent tuners
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

watling85 (22-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Hi abu and twol, thanks for ypur replies!

Sorry I forgot to mention I have a motorised dish and single lnb. And cable hybrid optional card.

Would the card I have work in the new 4k gigablue?

Just seen that the new 4k gigablue has multi room and streaming capabilities which ad rather have over the 8 channel record function to be fair.

Thanks again
    Somewhere (?) probably on the Gigablue web site, there is list of receivers vs tuners that shows if they are applicable for that receiver
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

watling85 (22-07-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi thanks again for help, so I'll not bother with the unicable on the lnb's because of motorised dish.
    Can inconvert mgcamd to oscam?
    It is worth waiting to purchase as there's no box image for the quad 4k?

Thanks again guys, starting to slowly understand with your help :-)

SirV
    Hi all,

Did you ever find out about this, as I'm in the same situation. Really want to dump my ancient amiko basic box and step up but concerned about this mgcamd to oscam thing as I really dont get what needs to be done.

Title
    Thanks
    you have to define a new configuration for oscam. imho there is no automatic conversion process.
    mgcamd won't run on the new arm boxes.

Title
    Thanks
    you could try cccam to oscam convertor as a basic config
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

SirV
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stein View Post
    you have to define a new configuration for oscam. imho there is no automatic conversion process.
    mgcamd won't run on the new arm boxes.
    Yep, understand that.

on my Amiko adding mgcamd was a doddle via the gui, seems for oscam its a text file I then upload

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SirV View Post
    Did you ever find out about this, as I'm in the same situation. Really want to dump my ancient amiko basic box and step up but concerned about this mgcamd to oscam thing as I really dont get what needs to be done.
    Hi yeah got a converter which didn't convert properly then get help from one of the forums and it works spot on. Just like when we've had to convert from ccam to mgcamd, quite straight forward. Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Hi yeah got a converter which didn't convert properly then get help from one of the forums and it works spot on. Just like when we've had to convert from ccam to mgcamd, quite straight forward. Thanks
    You quoted Oscam as being quite straight forward, but you needed help off another forum.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast