Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu solo to vu uno 4k

Title
    Thanks

Vu solo to vu uno 4k

Hi is the vu uno 4k a worthy upgrade on vu solo 2..it's for mainly watching ipeeteevee..one free sat bouquet and kodi...Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    uno 4k does not have an internal HDD.

Doesnt solo2 run IPTV for you?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    uno 4k does not have an internal HDD.

Doesnt solo2 run IPTV for you?
    It does m8..tbh fairly well ..recording seems an issue..wondering more if pic quality and speed would be an improvement. .if loading and using kodi..as the mutant 51 is far faster than the solo2 but pic quality isn't as good.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    If you are just playing IPTV why do you want a satellite receiver?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    If you are just playing IPTV why do you want a satellite receiver?
    Recording ...free sat. .soaps for the Mrs etc..and sly likeTV guide..open to suggestions ...

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlerderby View Post
    Recording ...free sat. .soaps for the Mrs etc.
    If you are happy using an external HDD go for it. Otherwise go for something like SF4008, but it doesn't have FBC tuners. Or spend a bit more and get Solo 4K, and move your HDD from the Solo2.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    If you are happy using an external HDD go for it. Otherwise go for something like SF4008, but it doesn't have FBC tuners. Or spend a bit more and get Solo 4K, and move your HDD from the Solo2.
    Hi thanks for reply..is an external HD a performance issue or cosmetic. .sorry for basic questions...apart from the internal HD ..is there any other reason to get vu solo 4k over the uno4k. .thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    i suppose it depends on how much 4k content you can access via freesat & iptv ( and if you have a 4k tv)
    if it's little to none, why bother spending on an upgrade?
    kodi is far better on a dedicated android box/stick (so is iptv actually if you buy the smartiptv app at around a fiver for lifetime use)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy0110 View Post
    i suppose it depends on how much 4k content you can access via freesat & iptv ( and if you have a 4k tv)
    if it's little to none, why bother spending on an upgrade?
    kodi is far better on a dedicated android box/stick (so is iptv actually if you buy the smartiptv app at around a fiver for lifetime use)
    Ibe a decent android hi media Q5 pro..iptv plays better on the vu solo2 in terms of pic quality ..howevr the kodi playback pic quality is higher on the Q5...
    The E2 is preferred as is a more sky like experience to keep the family happy..a guy spoke to explained he hardly turned on his nvidia shield as the performance was really good.. so I guess what I'm saying is based on those 3 criteria. .sly like guide ..good up scaling and better playback of kodi all combined with free sat. .is the vu uno 4k worth it..or would I be better going for solo 4k .

Title
    Thanks
    Or stay with vu solo 2 and separate Q5 pro..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlerderby View Post
    Or stay with vu solo 2 and separate Q5 pro..
    I would stay with this combo. Based on your comments I feel you have a real issue with whatever TV/Monitor you are using, you should not be experiencing picture issues as quoted .... eg I have(or had) Mut@nt HD51, Octagon SF4008, Giga 4K, Himedia Q10 Pro .... and all have a superb picture on my Panny Plasma's and Acer 4K Monitor (kodi or not) .... ref the Q5 there is a new (and far better ANdroid/Kodi update)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I would stay with this combo. Based on your comments I feel you have a real issue with whatever TV/Monitor you are using, you should not be experiencing picture issues as quoted .... eg I have(or had) Mut@nt HD51, Octagon SF4008, Giga 4K, Himedia Q10 Pro .... and all have a superb picture on my Panny Plasma's and Acer 4K Monitor (kodi or not) .... ref the Q5 there is a new (and far better ANdroid/Kodi update)
    OK ...new tv then ha..I'll update the Q5 pro..I've a mutant HD 51 upstairs.. but vu solo 2 seems a better picture..getting myself confused..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Obviously garbage in garbage out......... but listening to many posts, I have to wonder about the TV's they are expecting to produce a brillaint picture when it is a basic LED (or in Samsungs case QLED which is really a led that Samsung expect people to believe is an OLED - Q being higher than O it must be better!!)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K