Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Only one tuner used?

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
5.0.023 and 5.0.021
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Only one tuner used?

Title
    Thanks

Only one tuner used?

It looks like my Ultimo can only use one of its three tuners with OpenVix 5.0.021 or 5.0.023.
    First I noticed an error message about not finding service a few days after I had updated to 5.0.021, when there was a timer recording going on and I turned on the tv and the receiver. (Don't remember the exact words, and I have Finnish set as the interface language. And I'm not sure whether or not this was the first time with 5.0.021 that the box should have shown one channel when another one was being recorded.) It turned out to only be able to show the channels in the same group as the one being recorded. After the recording had finished, all the channels were visible again.
    First I tried to search the tv channels again, which took a long time and didn't help. Then I tried flashing 5.0.021, restoring the settings, and that didn't help either. When I flashed back to 5.0.020, everything seemed fine.
    Yesterday I updated to 5.0.023 (with online update), and in the night when there was another recording going on, the same thing happened, I wasn't able to see the channels that would have needed using another tuner. In the morning I tried some of the channels that couldn't be shown when the recording was going on, and they were fine again.
    So I assume that for some reason OpenVix versions newer than 5.0.020 can't use more than one of the tuners.
    No logs to send have been created.
    When I go back home from work, I will probably flash back to 5.0.020 again.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Have you checked the tuner config?
    I would fresh flash without a restore.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Have you checked the tuner config?
    I would fresh flash without a restore.
    I tried checking the configs, found nothing unusual.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There was an issue with one type of the tuner cards after we merged some code.

See here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ade-to-5-0-014

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There was an issue with one type of the tuner cards after we merged some code.
    See here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ade-to-5-0-014
    Hmm, the thread was about build 5.0.014, and I saw the problem with 021 and 023, but not with 020. I don't remember whether I encountered problems with 014 (if I did, it got better with a new build before I got around to reporting).
    OpenWebif shows my tuners as Vuplus DVB-C NIM(CXD1978) (DVB-C) which seems the same as mentioned in that thread and I am connected to cable network.
    Do you think my problem is related?
    Is there a particular setting that causes this problem and should be checked or is it better to just stick with 020 until 024 is released?
    I already flashted back to 020, so if there is a fix coming, I'll just wait for it and update then.

Title
    Thanks
    If it is the same issue, you'll need to speak to admin.

Title
    Thanks
    Our cable service provider was changed, and I knew I would have to do the channel search again and update all timers anyway, so I decided to do a fresh flash to build 023 without restoring settings. I did that on Thursday, restoring just the oscam configuration files, timers.xml and /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow from the backup file that was created in the couch flashing process.
    Got the settings close enough to what I had and saw everything working nice.
    Started a recording, changed to another channel so I saw tuner B being used, started another recording, changed channels to see tuner C being used, and started a third recording. No problem.
    On Friday, the cable provider was changed while I was at work, so I did the channel search again, rebuilt the Favorites list, deleted the timers created by autotimer, restored autotimers.xml from the backup file and fixed the channels in the autotimer entries.
    Tested enough recordings to see all tuners being used again.
    Looks promising, so far everything works.

So, apparently updating from 5.0.020 or earlier to 021 or newer really requires a flash without settings restore, at least if you want to use more than one tuner with an Ultimo. I'll come back with a new report if I see the problem reappear.

Title
    Thanks
    Now the box is saying something like "service id not found in channel association table" on some channels when there is a recording going on, but it still manages to show some other channels..
    I wonder if I should flash back to build 020 after all or if the receiver is breaking down..

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jukkal2 View Post
    Now the box is saying something like "service id not found in channel association table" on some channels when there is a recording going on, but it still manages to show some other channels..
    Yesterday I tried flashing to 026, looked fine at first, I started recording on several channels to check that all tuners were in use.
    But after waking up from standby it showed the same kind of error message about not finding service again. (Forgot whether this was immediately or after I tried changing to an encrypted channel that uses the decryption card.) Didn't see all services before I restarted OpenVix. Flashed again back to 020 which is the newest version that hasn't had this problem.
    Is there any hope of this getting fixed in some release in the near future?

Title
    Thanks
    Did you update to 026?
    Did you flash 026 using USB?
    Did you flash 026 using Image Manager?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Did you update to 026?
    Did you flash 026 using USB?
    Did you flash 026 using Image Manager?
    I couch flashed with image manager. I had seen the same problem earlier in 021, 023 and 025.
    With 023 I also tried flashing without restoring settings, but it didn't help.

Title
    Thanks
    Build 027 doesn't look fixed either, I posted a debug log in thread
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...533#post457533

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jukkal2 For This Useful Post:

heebo1974 (26-10-17)