View Entry Info: Only one tuner used?

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
5.0.023 and 5.0.021
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thanks

Only one tuner used?

It looks like my Ultimo can only use one of its three tuners with OpenVix 5.0.021 or 5.0.023.
    First I noticed an error message about not finding service a few days after I had updated to 5.0.021, when there was a timer recording going on and I turned on the tv and the receiver. (Don't remember the exact words, and I have Finnish set as the interface language. And I'm not sure whether or not this was the first time with 5.0.021 that the box should have shown one channel when another one was being recorded.) It turned out to only be able to show the channels in the same group as the one being recorded. After the recording had finished, all the channels were visible again.
    First I tried to search the tv channels again, which took a long time and didn't help. Then I tried flashing 5.0.021, restoring the settings, and that didn't help either. When I flashed back to 5.0.020, everything seemed fine.
    Yesterday I updated to 5.0.023 (with online update), and in the night when there was another recording going on, the same thing happened, I wasn't able to see the channels that would have needed using another tuner. In the morning I tried some of the channels that couldn't be shown when the recording was going on, and they were fine again.
    So I assume that for some reason OpenVix versions newer than 5.0.020 can't use more than one of the tuners.
    No logs to send have been created.
    When I go back home from work, I will probably flash back to 5.0.020 again.

If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Have you checked the tuner config?
    I would fresh flash without a restore.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Have you checked the tuner config?
    I would fresh flash without a restore.
    I tried checking the configs, found nothing unusual.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,915 Times in 3,997 Posts
    There was an issue with one type of the tuner cards after we merged some code.

See here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ade-to-5-0-014
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 17-07-17 at 20:59. Reason: link to thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    There was an issue with one type of the tuner cards after we merged some code.
    See here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ade-to-5-0-014
    Hmm, the thread was about build 5.0.014, and I saw the problem with 021 and 023, but not with 020. I don't remember whether I encountered problems with 014 (if I did, it got better with a new build before I got around to reporting).
    OpenWebif shows my tuners as Vuplus DVB-C NIM(CXD1978) (DVB-C) which seems the same as mentioned in that thread and I am connected to cable network.
    Do you think my problem is related?
    Is there a particular setting that causes this problem and should be checked or is it better to just stick with 020 until 024 is released?
    I already flashted back to 020, so if there is a fix coming, I'll just wait for it and update then.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,915 Times in 3,997 Posts
    If it is the same issue, you'll need to speak to admin.