Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects - OpenWebif (BoxInfo / Tuners)

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments

Thread: Cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects - OpenWebif (BoxInfo / Tuners)

Title
    Thanks

Cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects - OpenWebif (BoxInfo / Tuners)

I can see this message "Cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects" in the Webif (Box Info, Tuners section)

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 15.00.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Open an issue on e2openplugins-OWIF

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk
    Receiver/TV:
    • Vu+ Duo² 4*S2+2*C / 1.8TB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 50" Plasma
    • AX Quadbox 2400 / 2*S2/2*C / 930GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 32" LCD
    • Vu+ Solo² / 465GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • Vu+ Solo² / 230GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    Pay TV: Redlight Mega, Brazzers TV Europe, XXL, HD-, Sky
    Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 / Cisco EPC3212 + Linksys WRT1900ACS + Fritz!Box 7390 / IPv4 (UM) + IPv6 (HE)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enf70 View Post
    I can see this message "Cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects" in the Webif (Box Info, Tuners section)

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 15.00.jpg
    Please update to OpenViX 5.0.023 and re-check. I've just checked all 3 of boxes at home and none have this issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Please update to OpenViX 5.0.023 and re-check. I've just checked all 3 of boxes at home and none have this issue.
    I can also confirm no issues like this on mu DUO2 after upgrading to 5.0.023 either. I will say though that there are *alot* more menu items called "Settings" since I think 5.0.020. Prior to that most of these had more meaningful menu names. Is this a OpenWebif issue or something in openvix. If the former I'll raise an issue with the OpenWebIf devs.

Craig

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    It is a result of the menu changes.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsod View Post
    I will say though that there are *alot* more menu items called "Settings" since I think 5.0.020. Prior to that most of these had more meaningful menu names. Is this a OpenWebif issue or something in openvix. If the former I'll raise an issue with the OpenWebIf devs.
    Before the change to the themed-OWI a few months back these were all marked as just "Settings". Then things got better (IIRC), but have now reverted to Settings. I think the text is picked up from the menu codes themselves, rather than it being set within OWI.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    The OP does have a lot of tuners, though....
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    The OP does have a lot of tuners, though....
    True, my DUO2 just has two dual tuner DVB-T cards. I do have 2 dual tuner USB based DVB-T tuners I can add back in to see if I get the same error. Doing that would bring me up to 8 tuners and going by the image the OP posted it is on what would have been the 8th device that the error occured. Let me know if you want me to give it a go.

Craig

Title
    Thanks
    I've upgraded to the latest version and I don't see it anymore.
    It was fine with 5.0.0.21 as well, I could see the message only sometimes and it seemed to be connected to the DVB-C/T2 tuner (an HMP Combo DVB C / T2 Hybrid USB TUNER working with dvbsky drivers) getting into an weird state.
    I even need to reboot the box (sometimes) as I get the spinning "VIX" forever.
    It seems also to be related to the AutobouquetsMaker scheduled run which sometimes leaves the tuner in this state - but I'll investigate further, I'm not entirely sure this is the reason or just the tuner/drivers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to enf70 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (17-07-17)