Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Timer Function on Vix images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandSaller View Post
    Any news on this problem with power timer an deep standby?
    Any particular reason why you are setting a one-off PowerTimer? Do you intend to manually set one every time you want the box to shutdown?

(Doesn't answer why the one-off PT isn't working, but it might be that this isn't what you actually want anyway).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I go upstairs at 2100 to watch tv in my bedroom on my solo se v2, but want to use the recordings from the duo2 at my living room, which i set to standby. I use this power timer to send the receiver in the living room to deep standby at eg 2300. I create a new power timer every day. This worked for me for a long time. But since a few builds, it isn't working any more.
    Last edited by RolandSaller; 26-09-17 at 13:08. Reason: Update

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Has anyone looked into the power timer issue yet? Mine still not working.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley69 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (26-09-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    Has anyone looked into the power timer issue yet? Mine still not working.
    Is it box related because my power timer(s) puts my box (ET10k) into deep standby every night (running 5.0.027)? My other power times works as expected.

One thing to try when the box is misbehaving, especially after an image update, is to turn off at the mains socket for a couple of minutes (to allow all internal PSU voltages to discharge) and then turn on again. This guarantees that the box has received a clean cold boot.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Ashley69 (26-09-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Will give it a try thanks.
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Power timers not working on Technomate TM-2T either, since update to 027.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Is it box related because my power timer(s) puts my box (ET10k) into deep standby every night (running 5.0.027)? My other power times works as expected.
    But you, like me, use a repeating timer to get it switched off when it's no longer in active use.
    It could be that there is an issue with one-off PowerTimers (although I can't see anything obvious in the code that would make one fail while the other succeeds.)
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    But you, like me, use a repeating timer to get it switched off when it's no longer in active use.
    It could be that there is an issue with one-off PowerTimers (although I can't see anything obvious in the code that would make one fail while the other succeeds.)
    You could be correct
    I set a one off timer to put the box to go to deep standby 10 minutes in the future
    On the run up to the time it reported "waiting" (repeat timers report "running")
    When it got to the time the instruction to "go to deep standby" was ignored but the timer reported "done"

The one off timer knows what time it is and changes from reporting waiting to done at exactly the correct time but the box doesn't respond to the request.

EDIT Ignore the above - the box was recording at the time so the one off timer may have been inhibited

Edit 2
    I've repeated the experiment when nothing has been recording (and timeshift buffer disabled) and still get the box not responding to the one off power timer.
    Last edited by adm; 26-09-17 at 22:58.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    I've repeated the experiment when nothing has been recording (and timeshift buffer disabled) and still get the box not responding to the one off power timer.
    I'll mail myself a note to look at it on Thursday.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I'll mail myself a note to look at it on Thursday.
    Just to confirm that 2 of my existing repeat power timers both worked:
    I have repeating power timer to put my box into standby at 00:30
    I have a second repeating power timer to put the box into auto deep standby after the box has been in standby for 10 minutes

13. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

birdman (27-09-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley69 View Post
    This power timer definitely didn't work. Set to go into deep standby @08.15

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <timers>
    <timer timertype="deepstandby" begin="1505978100" end="1505978100" repeated="0" afterevent="nothing" disabled="0" autosleepinstandbyonly="no" autosleepdelay="60" autosleeprepeat="once">
    <log code="15" time="1505977712">time changed, start prepare is now: Thu Sep 21 08:14:40 2017</log>
    </timer>
    </timers
    The log may be a clue.

I have managed to get a one off go to deep standby and a one off go to standby power timer to work correctly BUT only once for each. If I try setting a second/third/fourth one off timer of the same type afterwards it doesn't work. I don't know of a reason why seemingly randomly I got the one off timers to work. I've tried resetting the box between experiments etc.

Pure wide speculation: One of the timers (deep standby) worked just after midnight where prior to midnight the same type had failed multiple times, and after it worked subsequent attempts failed. The other timer (standby) that worked was the first time I tried it today at approx 8:45pm - afterwards it always failed. Could something be reset at midnight with regards these non working timers or could it be that they fail after a certain time of day - a reference tick timer reset/initialised at midnight and overflows mid evening????? My repeat timer to go to standby and then to deep standby which always works is set for 30 minutes after midnight.

On a power timer that doesn't work a single line is written to the log to say that the time was set to xx.yy hours. The timer then later reports done with nothing else written to the log file. (the line in the log is as in the above quote)

On a one off power timer which works additional lines are written as per the attached image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adm; 27-09-17 at 21:26.

Title
    Thanks
    I've just set one for 23:55, and it worked (although it didn't actually start to process the shutdown until 23:56).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've just set one for 23:55, and it worked (although it didn't actually start to process the shutdown until 23:56).
    That blows away my wild speculation that it's and end of day related The non-repeating power timers that fail to put the box into standby or deep standby still seem to be triggered at the correct time but apparently don't result in the box doing anything so is the problem in the power timer code block or in the routines that are called elsewhere?

When the one off power timers worked for me the on-screen information and countdown screen appeared approx 1 minute after the time configured - this may be the correct operation. I note that the log for the timer always says the timer is set to "prepare" to trigger 20 seconds before the time configured. Perhaps the correct operation always takes 80 seconds.

Title
    Thanks
    When the one off power timers worked for me the on-screen information and countdown screen appeared approx 1 minute after the time configured - this may be the correct operation.
    hence my 23:55 timer starting shutdown at 23:56.

I note that the log for the timer always says the timer is set to "prepare" to trigger 20 seconds before the time configured. Perhaps the correct operation always takes 80 seconds.
    I think the idea is that timers start up 20s early in order to do any preparatory work. For a RecordingTimer this means checking that there is sufficient disk space, etc... I can't see that a PowerTimer has anything to prepare - perhaps the 100s backoff after that (which is what it is) is a source of the problem.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hence my 23:55 timer starting shutdown at 23:56.

I think the idea is that timers start up 20s early in order to do any preparatory work. For a RecordingTimer this means checking that there is sufficient disk space, etc... I can't see that a PowerTimer has anything to prepare - perhaps the 100s backoff after that (which is what it is) is a source of the problem.
    Should a power timer check for a recording in progress and wait until it has finished? In the past I've turned the TV on in the morning and found a "stuck" power timer wishes to shut down you box message. This may have coincided with recording a late running film during which my repeat shut down power timers should have worked or alternatively it may have been after I had been watching something delayed by the time-shift buffer and i hadn't zapped channels to get back to real time. If the former maybe a bug. If the latter then the box may be considered to be still recording in order to provide a delayed version. However in both cases not relevant to this ongoing problem as I've seen a non-repeating power timer fail with time-shift disabled.

The timer log suggest that a failed non-repeating power timer is not triggering any preparatory checking whereas a successful non-repeating power timer has multiple lines in the log file suggesting that it has triggered a multi-stage (checking?) routine.
    Last edited by adm; 28-09-17 at 10:49.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast