Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU2 Solo2 system crash after LNB fault

Title
    Thanks

VU2 Solo2 system crash after LNB fault

Hi, My Vu2 Solo2 froze due to a faulty LNB.
    After the new LNB was fitted and checked for correct working using my backup Sab receiver, the Vu2 Solo2 booted but then froze at the Vix splash screen where it remained for 1 hour.
    I rebooted and tried to install a backup image but no success - same freeze occurred.
    Downloaded a recent image from Vix (openvix-5.0.020.release-vusolo2_usb) and flashed the box according to instructions on forum.
    After re-scanning channels, etc during setup, all seemed to be going to plan but when I tried to save and exit the setup routine the screen displayed a message saying there was a software fault.

I was able to upload a crash log to Vix (acknowledged to me by email) but did not get my own email copy as expected from the system.

I don't know if the LNB fault had anything to do with the problem - or did my Vu2 box die??

Any ideas please?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    maybe try a previous image to check if your image is buggy or corrupt and are you trying a no settings restore?

Title
    Thanks
    I'll give it a try with a different image.
    Not sure about the no settings restore - I'll have a look at that and reply on here, thanks for replying.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it means setting up box from scratch and not using a possible bug in the restore settings.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

dave752 (01-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Sorted now cactikid, thanks!
    Loaded an earlier image after a factory reset with a no settings restore. All smiles from Mrs dave - she now has her Spanish programmes again!

Cheers for that