Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VU+ Duo receiving no signal

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Duo receiving no signal

Okay this has been baffling me and my mate for a few days and we have tried a number of things. We're trying to take a single feed from a a normal Sky dish that currently has 3 other sky boxes connected to it and are all working fine. When we run the cable into my flat of which we've tried 3 different cables to be sure that wasn't the fault, we get no signal whatsoever.
    I then brought my VU+ Duo into the main house where the other 3 boxes are and did a scan and it's working fine. We tried disconnecting all the other boxes in the house from the Sky dish and only having the one connected to my VU+ Duo but that did nothing to help either.
    The only thing I can think of is there's some kind of a booster when it's run into there main house? If anyone has any idea as to the problem I'd appreciate your help!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Does this other property have an LNB for Sky Q?

Title
    Thanks
    The Duo has two tuners, have you set the tuner with no wire connected as "not configured"

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Does this other property have an LNB for Sky Q?
    No there's no LNB for Sky Q and I just put tuner B to not configured but I have been trying both of them every time we made a change to wires.

Title
    Thanks
    The other three receivers, where do the signal wires come from? Direct from LNB or loft?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How are you running the cable?
    Is is directly from a spare connector on the LNB to your flat?
    Is it from a connection to your mates house and then to your flat by way of an extension cable? If via an extension how are the cables joined?
    Are the cables you are using to your flat home made and if so what cable did you use, and have you performed a continuity check on the inner and screens?

By the way, is this that same building where you are sharing the dish/lnb
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    How are you running the cable?
    Is is directly from a spare connector on the LNB to your flat?
    Is it from a connection to your mates house and then to your flat by way of an extension cable? If via an extension how are the cables joined?
    Are the cables you are using to your flat home made and if so what cable did you use, and have you performed a continuity check on the inner and screens?

By the way, is this that same building where you are sharing the dish/lnb
    Running the cable directly from a spare connector into my flat. The cable was stuff I got from ebay 5 years ago that I used in my old house that always worked fine. We then took some of the shotgun cable that wasn't being used and tried that so it definitely isn't the cables fault.
    I haven't performed a continuity check because I'm not sure what that is? I don't know if the cables are running directly into the loft or if there just direct from the LNB.
    It's not the same building but there right beside each other. The sky dish is right outside my flat.

Title
    Thanks
    Would anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Connect the duo to a different output on the lnb - its quite common for 1 or 2 outputs to be faulty.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Connect the duo to a different output on the lnb - its quite common for 1 or 2 outputs to be faulty.
    I tried all 4 and none of them worked. We disconnected all of the other dishes too.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just rechecking all other working boxes are on 28.2 and not on other sat?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    just rechecking all other working boxes are on 28.2 and not on other sat?
    I scanned in their house on 28.2 and I got all the channels just fine.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    so that was one of the other feeds which work ok and rules out dish aligned and not an internal cap issue,which brings back to your feed cable from whereare the f connectors the correct size for cabling and rechecked again in back of box,a number of times i lost a tuner and cable needed a tweek to get a connection.

Title
    Thanks
    Ya they fit nice and snug and were the same fittings I used in my old house when I ran a cable straight from the dish to the Duo. We tried three different cables btw including some of the shotgun cable that Sky had used and still not even a bit of signal. Would an inline signal amplifier work?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G3rryB View Post
    Would anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong?
    If its running of a Sky Q system its the LNB its not a universal type that you need on a VU+ Duo or Duo2. The `Q` system has a special LNB no good for Duo/Duo2. I think this is the problem...........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast