Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Recording playback AC3 audio issue

Title
    Thanks

Recording playback AC3 audio issue

I have the Edision OS Mini Twin Sat from WOS. If I record any HD channel (eg. BBC One HD), whenever I play back the recording, the AC3 audio track takes up to 15 seconds to drop in. There is just complete silence until it drops in. Bizarrely, the audio will occasionally work straight away, but the picture will then be jerky for up to 15 seconds, and the AC3 will out of sync before it all corrects itself. I can fix it straight away by just pressing the number '1' on the remote to skip back, but it's annoying having to do this every time I play a HD recording. Another thing that fixes it, is letting the recording resume playback from the last point it was stopped. I have AC3 to be auto-selected by default, but if I use the mpeg audio track, everything works fine, well, apart from sometimes when I'm skipping through a recording using the number keys, the audio will occasionally completely cut out until I press another number key.
    The following things I have tried as process of elimination, but to no avail:
    Tested recording HD with both Tuners on the box. Disabled the other tuner whilst testing. Also recorded various HD channels with AC3 audio streams on different satellites.
    Tested using 2 different dishes with different brands of LNB. All my other other boxes (VU+ Duo, Miraclebox Mini, Venton Unibox, DM500HD, and DM800HD) work fine on these dishes/LNB's.
    Tested basically every different image I could find for this box dating back to late 2015, so that's many different kernels in there. The latest bootloader is also on the box.
    Tested with 4 different hard drives, bus powered and external powered hard drives including SSD. Also tried using both USB ports, and with a powered USB Hub
    Tried 3 different HDMI cables, the AV cable. and the Optical out. Also tested on another TV.

I can't think of anything else to test. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this or do any other OS Mini owners have this issue? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Nightbird; 29-06-17 at 05:13.