Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Script help

Title
    Thanks
    Code:
    echo 'PLEASE WAIT WHILE BOUQUETS ARE UPDATED'
    wget http://www.darmeth.com/downloads/Darmeth_Motor_45E-30W.zip -O /tmp/Darmeth_Motor_45E-30W.zip > /dev/null
    rm -rf /etc/enigma2/lamedb5 > /dev/null
    unzip -o /tmp/Darmeth_Motor_45E-30W.zip -d /etc/enigma2 > /dev/null
    wget -qO - http://127.0.0.1/web/servicelistreload?mode=0 > /dev/null
    echo 'CLEANING /tmp FOLDER'
    rm -rf /tmp/Darmeth_Motor_45E-30W.zip > /dev/null
    echo 'DARMETH BOUQUETS UPDATED'
    exit 0
    A couple of observations:

1. sleep 1 or sleep 1s not accepted when running from the box. Return says 'Sleep: Invalid number '1'
    2. Init 3/4 not accepted when running from the box and behaves as if I’ve typed in: Init —help.
    3. Did edit via Dreamboxedit and no changes seen in bouquets until pressing the 'Restart Enigma2' button. (This has always been the case BTW)

I’ve run the script from both the box and via Telnet and have seen the bouquet files update in /etc/enigma2. Init/restart/reboot has no effect on loading the new settings! FTP’d files from abu baniaz to /tmp and tried that; same effect.

I’m on technomate twin-4k running 5.0.020

So…why does this work for you guys but not me?! :-)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    sleep 1 works for me, as does init 3 or init 4 (I assume that is what you mean by 3/4).

Looks like you are not creating a Linux file when modifying the script?

Title
    Thanks
    Adding here, please have a look. Thanks, ccs

darmeth.zip

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I can't see any unwanted characters in the file, but the last line is missing a LF at the end, which may matter, but I'm not sure.

All the sleeps are sleep 4, have you changed them or is this a different file?

Title
    Thanks
    Different file I sent (changed the sleep when I was running via Telnet. Script definately works and runs with no issues!!

The only issue I have is why my settings don't update.

Title
    Thanks
    @ccs - thanks dude! Your comment about "not creating a Linux file" solved the issue. I forgot rule 101 - always transfer script files via FTP using BINARY mode. I feel like a dunce!

Sleep works / init 4 / init 3 works / settings updated...finally!

Thank you all for your patience and kind assistance.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmeth View Post
    @ccs - thanks dude! Your comment about "not creating a Linux file" solved the issue. I forgot rule 101 - always transfer script files via FTP using BINARY mode. I feel like a dunce!
    But a script file is an ASCII file, so you could also create it as a DOS file and transfer in ASCII mode.
    The actual rule is to transfer in the correct mode.

Sleep works / init 4 / init 3 works / settings updated...finally!
    But the init command will also abort any recording in progress at the time.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers Birdman. Long day! Was thinking 'always ASCII, never Binary' and typed that pile of garbage! Should read:

always never transfer script files via FTP using BINARY mode.

Title
    Thanks
    Double-checking on previous post...ACSII technically is correct, as it is a text file, BUT, the lack of return carriage causes issues. SH files should definitely be FTP'd in BINARY mode if no '\n' is specified. I've retested using both ASCII and BINARY - ASCII file gives errors when script is run. BINARY mode works with no errors. ASCII will work if return carriage is specified in the script (which I did not on original).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmeth View Post
    Double-checking on previous post...ACSII technically is correct, as it is a text file, BUT, the lack of return carriage causes issues. SH files should definitely be FTP'd in BINARY mode if no '\n' is specified.
    They should be transferred as binary iff you have created then as Unix text file.
    If you've created them as Windows/DOS text files you'll need to use ASCII.

(I don't have the issue as I'd create them on a Linux system if I didn't create them on the box itself in the first place).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12