Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box no longer works after updates - Help!

Jojo73

Box no longer works after updates - Help!

Hi

I recently ran some system updates on my VU+ duo, just the standard ones in settings to install updates, and once my box had finished running them it went to a screen to say it was restarting which might take a few minutes. However, it stayed on this screen all night as if it was stuck (I left it for about 7 hours). So I made the decision to switch off the box and restart it, assuming it had gotten stuck and now it won't start at all!

The screen on the front of the box just says starting but nothing comes on screen and nothing else happens it just stays stuck there.

Can anyone help me get it working again please?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Jo

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Try reflashing with the latest image.

Is the box a clone?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Jojo73

Red face

Hi Huevos

I don't believe the box is a clone, its the only one I have if that's what you mean?

Thanks, will try reflashing the box tonight and see how I get on. I assume you mean with the latest version of Vix (which is what I currently run on it).....just thought I should check

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Try reflashing with the latest image.

Is the box a clone?
    Last edited by Jojo73; 15-06-17 at 14:02.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Hi Jo,

Latest images can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...images/vu-duo/
    With regards it being a clone, Huevos meant if the Vu+ Duo was a counterfeit (cloned) receiver. You would know this from a very noticeable sticker on the receiver (mainly to the rear) that says v1.0, v2.0 etc etc. Because you said you have been running the latest image on it, potentially rules it out being a clone. The latest image at this time is 5.0.016, but 5.0.017 is due anytime soon.

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Jojo73
    Thanks for your help too Andy, I have been trying to reflash the box since your messages. I've tried two different USB sticks, have checked they're FAT32 with the unzipped flash file on them. I have even tried taking the files out of their folder and having them loose on the USB stick but nothing seems to work. Every time I restart the box it doesn't recognise the USB stick.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Hi Jo,

Latest images can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...images/vu-duo/
    With regards it being a clone, Huevos meant if the Vu+ Duo was a counterfeit (cloned) receiver. You would know this from a very noticeable sticker on the receiver (mainly to the rear) that says v1.0, v2.0 etc etc. Because you said you have been running the latest image on it, potentially rules it out being a clone. The latest image at this time is 5.0.016, but 5.0.017 is due anytime soon.

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    You might have the very common failed capacitor problem, also called the red light problem.

There is a long thread on the forum with instructions to replace the capacitor, might be worth a try.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    That thread is here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ight=red+light

Hopefully more that it just needs a better usb key
    try a kingston usb key not too big in size 4 or 8 gig
    Last edited by gerinemo; 24-06-17 at 14:35.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gerinemo For This Useful Post:

Jojo73
    Hi gerinemo

Thanks for your post, you were spot on. A better USB stick was all it needed to sort it out!

Box is now up and running again, thank you. However, now only seem to be able to pick up a maximum of 12 channels, can't even get ITV....Have tried setting tuner configuration to automatic in case it lost some settings in the reflash but that all seems to be working as it should and signal strength is shown as strong. Any ideas why I can't find any more channels please?

Many thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo73 For This Useful Post:

gerinemo (25-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo73 View Post
    Hi gerinemo

Thanks for your post, you were spot on. A better USB stick was all it needed to sort it out!

Box is now up and running again, thank you. However, now only seem to be able to pick up a maximum of 12 channels, can't even get ITV....Have tried setting tuner configuration to automatic in case it lost some settings in the reflash but that all seems to be working as it should and signal strength is shown as strong. Any ideas why I can't find any more channels please?

Many thanks
    When one updates the box, it should make before updating a a backup in backup manager, just restore that.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo73 View Post
    Hi gerinemo

Many thanks
    What is your box configured for? Satellite, cable or terrestrial TV via an aerial? And if the latter do you know from which transmitter you are getting your signals? If satellite are you just going for Freesat or some other service.
    Last edited by adm; 25-06-17 at 21:26.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    original vu duo has fixed twin tuners and no mention if usb tuners are in use?

Jojo73
    Thanks Alec

I did do a backup and I did restore it once it was up and running again....

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    When one updates the box, it should make before updating a a backup in backup manager, just restore that.

Jojo73
    Hi Adm and Cactikid

Box is configured for satellite, and it is set up for 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G from both Tuner A and B. Have reset them to Automatic and rescanned but they both picked up Astra again.

Configuration mode is Simple and Mode is Single on both. No USB tuners in use, just the fixed twin tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    What is your box configured for? Satellite, cable or terrestrial TV via an aerial? And if the latter do you know from which transmitter you are getting your signals? If satellite are you just going for Freesat or some other service.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried re flashing without restoring the backup

Also what version of vix are you flashing latest or the same version before it went to pot ?
    Last edited by gerinemo; 27-06-17 at 11:00.

Jojo73
    When I re-flashed the box it automatically asked to install the backup which is why I selected it. I can reflash again and opt not to install back up if you think that might work?

I flashed to the latest version of vix at the time 5 0 018

Quote Originally Posted by gerinemo View Post
    Have you tried re flashing without restoring the backup

Also what version of vix are you flashing latest or the same version before it went to pot ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast