Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Where are my new channels?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Where are my new channels?

So sorry to have to turn to you all again for help.
    On a previous image (not sure which image it was, to be honest - it crashed and my son in law then replaced it with BH 3.1.3C for me) on my VU+ Duo, when I did a manual search for new channels, they used to be shown at the end of the channels list under a heading named something like "New Channels" and in the (red button) ALL channels list, new ones were shown with an asterisk or other marking.
    Well, I wanted to download the new Challenge Ireland yesterday and it found 11 channels on that frequency using manual search.
    When it finds such channels, I can see only the first 6 or so, but I cannot scroll down to click on any of them, despite the fact that the list has what look like up-down and left-right arrows beneath it.
    And because a) I couldn't see all the channels it had found and b) some of the channels found had peculiar names, I didn't know where to look in the ALL channels list to find the one I wanted.
    So how/where do I find a list of the newly found channels ?
    Or can anyone recommend an image which has such a function ? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but I just miss that, as well as some other functions which my old image (might have been an Openvix) used to have.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You should have a "Last scanned" bouquet.

Most of us here use OpenVix.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I don't have a "Last Scanned" bouquet anywhere. I looked through all the bouquets under (blue) Favourites (red) All, (yellow) Providers and (green) Satellites.
    I was looking at some openVix infos yesterday and they seem to be awfully complicated with all the new functions they offer.. But I might just bite the bullet and have a go, but I think it means I have to set up all my satellites again (no USALS).

Title
    Thanks
    Attach your settings file to this thread. You will have to zip it before you can attach it. You will find it in /etc/enigma2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK, it's only 5 kb, here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    PS I may be in the wrong section here - My box is a VU+ Duo2 (sorry about that, the "2" on the front is so small, I overlooked it). Image is BH 3.0.3.L

Title
    Thanks
    If you decide to proceed, make an image backup first so that you can restore it afterwards.

Attached is a trimmed down settings file containing just your tuner configs.

Download and extract to your PC. After you flash your image, do not not do anything at the first install wizard.

Issue the following command to stop enigma2
    Code:
    init 4
    Transfer the extracted settings file to /etc/enigma2/

Issue the following command to restart enigma2
    Code:
    init 3
    Proceed with the rest of the setup.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thankyou, I will do this tomorrow.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I haven't done this yet because I (as I mentioned before, a newbie), am a bit confused about the line
    Download and extract to your PC. After you flash your image, do not not do anything at the first install wizard.
    I made a "BH Personal Backup" ("BH full backup" never seems to work) to a USB stick.
    Then I downloaded and extracted the file to my PC, but do not know where the "flash your image.." is supposed to happen.
    Do I have to re-insert the stick and hope that my Box wants to reflash the image from the stick ?
    I'm really sorry to have to ask but I have never done this before.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well, that was a miserable failure, I'm afraid. Fortunately I had done a full FTP backup of all the folders of all the VU+ files.

When reinstalling it during the flash (from the USB stick ) as instructed, the box hung and the little blue circle turned and turned and turned, and even when I left it to do its work overnight, it was still turning 8 hours later. So I FTP'd everything back again and it is working again. (But still no Last Scanned or BBC Radio EPG).

Could I perhaps just fully power down the VU+ using Shutdown, then using the switch at the back, then FTP your/my modified settings file to the box, then restart it? Or would that cause a problem ?