Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ Duo IPTV - epg and recording queries.

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Duo IPTV - epg and recording queries.

I've so far manged to get the XtreamTV plugin/addon(?) installed on the main menu. It works fine. IPTV and VOD both work well. Picture quality is excellent.

I'm struggling with the limited epg however and cannot record so far. I'm hoping the solution is easy but I need some advice since I'm keen not to mess up my box.

I opted for the optional xc enigma2 plugin from my IPTV provider.

There's an epg importer on the plugins menu (wasn't there before so I'm assuming it was part of the download). Included in that (blue button for sources) is various Rytec xmltv options including Rytec UK xmltv.

I'm wondering should I tick that, save and reboot and if so what'll happen?

Any advice is welcome.

p.s. Image is vix 5.0.016

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Is it my aftershave or what?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2k View Post
    Is it my aftershave or what?
    Ummm!, advise that you ask your IPTV provider, I can't smell a thing . Judging by how many times on Sat forums that the very same question is raised, by IPTV users I would hazard a guess that the epg that you are getting is the norm.
    The Rytek XML that you are referring to is for Satellite channels direct from a Satellite . Streaming = you get what is sent .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to roybach For This Useful Post:

RS2k (07-06-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I don't think it's your aftershave (although it can not be ruled out at this stage) I think it's more that MOST people are just getting to grips with IPTV and there are a number of different ways of it being delivered. I have it running on my Mutant HD51 - altered the boquets with e-channelizer ran ABM/cross epg and everything for UK is populated correctly in the epg. In fact i would go as far to say it's almost perfect
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Willmoore For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (07-06-17),Blu-ray (07-06-17),RS2k (07-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmoore View Post
    I don't think it's your aftershave (although it can not be ruled out at this stage) I think it's more that MOST people are just getting to grips with IPTV and there are a number of different ways of it being delivered. I have it running on my Mutant HD51 - altered the boquets with e-channelizer ran ABM/cross epg and everything for UK is populated correctly in the epg. In fact i would go as far to say it's almost perfect
    Wouldn't want to post a guide would you

Title
    Thanks
    I've so far manged to get the XtreamTV plugin/addon(?) installed on the main menu. It works fine. IPTV and VOD both work well. Picture quality is excellent.

I'm struggling with the limited epg however and cannot record so far. I'm hoping the solution is easy but I need some advice since I'm keen not to mess up my box.

I opted for the optional xc enigma2 plugin from my IPTV provider.

There's an epg importer on the plugins menu (wasn't there before so I'm assuming it was part of the download). Included in that (blue button for sources) is various Rytec xmltv options including Rytec UK xmltv.

I'm wondering should I tick that, save and reboot and if so what'll happen?

Any advice is welcome.

p.s. Image is vix 5.0.016

Thanks
    Hi, just wondered if you tried this? - I'm in a similar position, got an EPG URL from my provider, haven't got the faintest idea how to us it though on my Vu+ Duo2 box running Vix 5.0.18 - do you know if there's somewhere where I enter it in or do I need to use the Rytec providers?

this is so confusing, thanks for any help in advance!

Title
    Thanks
    Didn't risk it harryajh!

Title
    Thanks
    Didn't risk it harryajh!
    crikey, glad I asked 1st then, got the xcplugin installed and works ok (albeit it very clunky), thought this might allow me to record/pause etc...

is there any other way to get my providers EPG Url installed on my configuration so that I can do things like these do you you know?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harryajh View Post
    crikey, glad I asked 1st then, got the xcplugin installed and works ok (albeit it very clunky), thought this might allow me to record/pause etc...

is there any other way to get my providers EPG Url installed on my configuration so that I can do things like these do you you know?
    The XC Plugin is very basic. My advice to you is create your own channel list from the providers m3u file. Tidy it up, create sections & link the service refs to each channel. That way you will have a nice looking Bouquet listing with working 7 day epg. But its not a five minute job, but worth it. Also note the recording aspect is purely down to your provider too, so may be hit n miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    The XC Plugin is very basic. My advice to you is create your own channel list from the providers m3u file. Tidy it up, create sections & link the service refs to each channel. That way you will have a nice looking Bouquet listing with working 7 day epg. But its not a five minute job, but worth it. Also note the recording aspect is purely down to your provider too, so may be hit n miss.

Whats the best program to cross reference the channels on andy,Is king of sats the best place to get the ref codes from,Will this system work with usa and other non uk channels if you get the proper refs

Title
    Thanks
    You'll struggle with the epg data for the foreign stuff.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    What about the other 2 questions please mate

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1554leslie View Post
    What about the other 2 questions please mate
    With Echanneliser you have the services in the left hand panel and the bouquets entries on the right hand side.
    Just find the correct service on the LHS (eg BBC1 HD) and copy over to the BBC1 HD entry in teh bouquet whilst holding down the ctrl key ... you will see a "chain" sign appear in the RHS
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

1554leslie (22-06-17),Bangord30 (22-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    i have the some problem with my vu+duo2

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodsnowden View Post
    i have the some problem with my vu+duo2
    Can't quite see through my crystal ball. Can you explain better for peeps to understand what you mean? Ta