Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable and FTA Sky UK CustomMix

Title
    Thanks
    Once installed I'm unable to "fetch" the dsayers file when connected through my vpn.

I use to have the vpn set up on my router but due to the router's limited processor power it resulted in slow internet speeds. I've now set up openvpn on my box instead to see if this imporves things.

When the vpn was on my router I had no issues "fetching" the file. If I disconnect from my vpn I'm able to "fetch" the dsayers file. Is there any reason why I'm unable to do this through a VPN when installed on my gigablue box?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmattyc View Post
    Once installed I'm unable to "fetch" the dsayers file when connected through my vpn.

I use to have the vpn set up on my router but due to the router's limited processor power it resulted in slow internet speeds. I've now set up openvpn on my box instead to see if this imporves things.

When the vpn was on my router I had no issues "fetching" the file. If I disconnect from my vpn I'm able to "fetch" the dsayers file. Is there any reason why I'm unable to do this through a VPN when installed on my gigablue box?
    No there should be no reason but I dont use VPN on my box so I have no way to test it. It does sound odd, maybe VPN is hammering your connection so it cant connect to GitHub

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Can a mod edit first post with these instructions please thanks

Hi im starting to do a Custommix for Virgin Media UK to swap channels with FreeSat This is a VIRGIN MEDIA line-up with all the free channels from sky replacing those on the Virgin Lineup this CustomMix (Thanks to rossi2000) adds all FreeSat channels to Virgin Line up.

To test it download Dsayers CustomMix Importer

Goto plugins then green to download plugins then systemplugins and download dsayerscustommiximporter.

If you have previous versions of the CustomMix Importer installed do a software update to update to latest version or if you have installed IPK uninstall IPK then install via feeds.

Reboot box

now we need to setup Dsayers CustomMix plugin

menu>setup>service searching>Dsayer CustomMix Importer

Import needs to be Dsayers: Dsayers: Sky UK free to air channels into Virgin Media UK

Press yellow to download the xml

Change Enable autofech to yes if you want it to download the xml automatically

Lead time change this to the time you want it to download before you have abm scheduled to run.

Dsayers CustomMix Imprter.jpg

Now we need to set abm

Recommended ABM setting

Menu, setup, service searching, AutoBouquetsMaker, providers

Sky UK yes
    Sky UK your area custom
    no need to generate bouquets.

Virgin UK yes
    Virgin UK your net Id
    the rest is upto you

Once done press green to save then check providers order and check Virgin UK is on top press green to save then start scan.

If you decide this isnt for you go into Dsayers CustomMix Importer and press blue to delete file then change Enable autofetch to no

Again thanks to rossi2000 for providing the CustomMix file and thanks to Huevos for creating The Dsayers CustomMix plugin

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Surely wording should be FTA sky channels, not Freesat?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Surely wording should be FTA sky channels, not Freesat?
    Yes sorry I didn't realise

Title
    Thanks
    Are these still the most up to date instructions to get the most amount of channels?

Also, what's the best setup for EPG and picons on this configuration?
    Last edited by linkazoid; 07-10-17 at 19:25.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post
    Are these still the most up to date instructions to get the most amount of channels?

Also, what's the best setup for EPG and picons on this configuration?
    Yes following post 33 I might start a new thread as this one has changed a bit.

For EPG and picons you'll be best starting a new thread but crossepg for sat and Epg Refresh for Cable works for me and picons I use from picons eu

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,924 Times in 3,259 Posts
    @Dsayers, I've pushed your changes, thx. Hopefully it will build ok. BTW your PM box is full.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

dsayers (21-10-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Has anyone managed to watch ITV PPV events over the last few fights?I haven't so I'm thinking of removing it to make room for Euro sports 4 HD then moving Sky Events down one channel for Eurosport 5 HD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I have got new CustomMix files without Sport HD Channels. For OpenATV do a software update or goto plugins red to remove plugins, system plugins choose ABM CustomMix Importer reboot box now goto plugins green to install plugins then System Plugins choose ABM CustomMix Importer and reboot box.

OpenVix will need to wait for next image release.

Now goto ABM CustomMix Importer in service searching/Tuner Config press right you should now see: Sky UK:Import Virgin channels (Without HD Sports) by DSayers and Virgin UK: Import free Sky channels (Without HD Sports) by DSayers.

Choose the version you want ie for Sky FTA channels into Virgin media line up you would choose: Virgin UK: Import free Sky channels (Without HD Sports) by DSayers then yellow to fetch file and green to save then rescan ABM.

Thank you to AbuBaniaz for the help with these changes.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml Without Sport HD for users that cant update plugin till next image

FTP cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\Auto BouquetsMaker\custom

Turn Auto Fetch to no

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml Without Sport HD for users that cant update plugin till next image

FTP cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\Auto BouquetsMaker\custom

Turn Auto Fetch to no
    I'm on image 5.1.018, do I still need to use this xml file or is the customMix plugin updated on vix please?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kokojnr View Post
    I'm on image 5.1.018, do I still need to use this xml file or is the customMix plugin updated on vix please?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Sorry I have just seen this but I don't think they will but they may be on 5.1.019

Title
    Thanks
    Updated ABM config files last night and custom file, scanned and now Sky Sports News HD 509 is missing. The only option is SD version 519, sky mix HD is still there. Sky sports news HD is still working as i had it on before i did the rescan.

Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Sorry I have just seen this but I don't think they will but they may be on 5.1.019
    Just had a github alert come through, so presume you've fixed?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast