Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Recording IPTV - hangs box \ glitches - but works fine on older image

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Can you explain what you mean about "Alternatives"? All my IPTV streams are set to DVB Stream Type as this gives be the best results as using IPTV (4097) for the Stream Type threw the Audio Sync out after half hr of viewing whereas DVB (1:xx:xx) Stream Type gives perfect results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah sure. This is what I have got to work.

I have 2 IPTV bouquets:
    1. for watching TV with streams set to DVB ie 1:0:1 etc which is quick to watch/change channels
    2. for recording TV with streams set to IPTV ie 4097:0:1 etc which is slow to watch/change channels but is perfect for recording

I go into my satellite TV bouquet (3), select the channel I want and press menu->add alternatives.
    Then I add the IPTV channel I want from the recording bouquet 2 above.
    I do the same for all satellite channels that I also have IPTV channels for.
    Then I use telnet to connect to the box, send init 4 to stop enigma2
    Then I use ftp to edit the /etc/enigma2/alternatives.*.tv files to swap the original and new iptv alternative lines round
    Then in telnet I send init 3 to start enigma again

When I set recording in satellite bouquet 3 above then actually are recorded from the alternatives ie the IPTV channels.

Autotimers also work now too for IPTV recordings when using satellite bouquet 3 channels that have alternatives set

Title
    Thanks
    I have VU+DUO VTI image latest version. All my IPTV channels are already DVB stream type however, when i record and view the program its blank with 0KB file so basically nothing records. But if I change my channels to gstream i can record but then all channels freeze very badly. Can anyone please help?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stream123 View Post
    I have VU+DUO VTI image latest version. All my IPTV channels are already DVB stream type however, when i record and view the program its blank with 0KB file so basically nothing records. But if I change my channels to gstream i can record but then all channels freeze very badly. Can anyone please help?
    My advice is treat IPTV as live tv as it is very hit & miss the recording aspect of it. You will still be here this time next year with the same issue. I just think the e2 receivers are not 100% IPTV proof, thus issues peeps have with various things.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

cheekythomas (02-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    on the magbox 254 can u record to external hard drive and get 7 day epg?

Title
    Thanks

Recording IPTV - hangs box \ glitches - but works fine on older image

You will be limited with regards the EPG. I think it will only cover a full days worth and yeah an external HDD will work. A mate of mine is testing one out as we speak to see what it is capabilities are.

Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 02-09-17 at 08:54.

Title
    Thanks
    Do you have mag box if yes is it really better than vu duo for iptv. a lot of people are saying to buy that as some channels on vu dont load instantly however on magbox they say it should with no freezing?

Can you also edit favourites bouquet on magbox like vu images?

Also when i was recording on vu all channels start to freeze a lot would it do the same on mag box? if you could please find out from your friend

thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stream123 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (03-09-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Did this ever get fixed? Im having the same issue with my DUO2 with openatv 6.1.

Title
    Thanks
    I think IPTV providers may put some blockade to stop recording. For example, 1 maximum connection. If you record that connection may be gone and you cannot watch anymore that channel. That would be a BUG, because if you watch and record the same channel 1 connection should be enough (it can be solved with software). That should be corrected for future releases in OPENVIX/OPENATV. Another story is if you want to watch and record a different channel. That would require two different connections and an IPTV provider could limit that.
    OPENVIX should also update autotimers script for IPTV (as it would in SAT TV like you have only one turner) and the receiver must switch to the recording channel to avoid problems.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567