Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Recording IPTV - hangs box \ glitches - but works fine on older image

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shocky_uk View Post
    Done some more playing today;

If I watch freesat I can record an IPTV no issue from a timer/epg. However if I try to record IPTV while watching ANY IPTV even from another provider I get the same issue.

I am validating my provider is dual subscription, however since I've also tried a separate provider I am certain this is not the issue - he is also just showed/confirmed while I was typing I am 100% dual subscription.

I am puzzled how others can record 2 or watch and record on Duo2 but I cannot...my provider installed Hitachi HDD, curious what else can be different? Any firmware outside of ViX I can try?
    You will never be able to record 2 channels and watch a 3rd on a Vu+Duo2 with a iptv stream or multiroom. It's got nothing to do with Vix image or any other image or Enigma2,i tested several stb and the VU+DUO2 was one of them that would NOT record without problems. If you are thinking of replacing iptv with whatever you was using before Sly lost channels then the only box i would purchase & have purchased from W.O.S is the Mut@nt HD51 4K £189. I have mine setup for freesat & iptv and i can say from day one has NEVER let me down. Other members will tell you iptv is a load of crap that's because they were more than likely using a old stb not made specifically for iptv like the Mut@nt HD51 4K and is IPTV READY.

dbmx
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    You will never be able to record 2 channels and watch a 3rd on a Vu+Duo2 with a iptv stream or multiroom. It's got nothing to do with Vix image or any other image or Enigma2,i tested several stb and the VU+DUO2 was one of them that would NOT record without problems. If you are thinking of replacing iptv with whatever you was using before Sly lost channels then the only box i would purchase & have purchased from W.O.S is the Mut@nt HD51 4K £189. I have mine setup for freesat & iptv and i can say from day one has NEVER let me down. Other members will tell you iptv is a load of crap that's because they were more than likely using a old stb not made specifically for iptv like the Mut@nt HD51 4K and is IPTV READY.
    hi had a vu uno 4k and it would only record of iptv if you had Freeview on. I now have A mut@nt HD51 ...... and still the same must be down to the iptv :

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    Stop banging on about the Mut@nt HD51 being IPTV Ready. All receivers are capable of receiving IPTV content, but admittedly newer generation boxes will be better. I have finally sussed my recording(s) issues out and records successfully on my Vu+ receivers including the Duo2. A lot of it is to do with where you get your IPTV source from as well as changing settings with the stream files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (12-06-17),dsayers (12-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmx View Post
    hi had a vu uno 4k and it would only record of iptv if you had Freeview on. I now have A mut@nt HD51 ...... and still the same must be down to the iptv :
    Silly boy for getting rid of the Uno 4K.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Thanks
    I tried PLI same issue. I also pulled BH and looked at wooosh or something but all in all just hope its something VIX team can resolve.

Curious if the peeps on mutant get same issue?

Title
    Thanks
    You need to spend time with the m3u file. Use e-channelizer, create nice sectional bouquets, link the service reference to each streams etc. Its not a 5 min job, but well worth it in the end instead of using the shitty scripts the providers provide you.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    ...A lot of it is to do with where you get your IPTV source from as well as changing settings with the stream files...
    How/where would we go about changing these settings for the stream files?

Title
    Thanks
    You need to spend time with the m3u file. Use e-channelizer, create nice sectional bouquets, link the service reference to each streams etc. Its not a 5 min job, but well worth it in the end instead of using the shitty scripts the providers provide you.
    Andy, if my stream references are correct how does this resolve the issue on the duo? It might look nicer (my provider already creates a number of bouquets which best I can tell from everyone's comments are technically correct)?

My thought trail is perhaps different providers use different software to render streams or perhaps different codecs which may alter the results of recording?

Title
    Thanks

Recording IPTV - hangs box \ glitches - but works fine on older image

Quote Originally Posted by shocky_uk View Post
    Andy, if my stream references are correct how does this resolve the issue on the duo? It might look nicer (my provider already creates a number of bouquets which best I can tell from everyone's comments are technically correct)?

My thought trail is perhaps different providers use different software to render streams or perhaps different codecs which may alter the results of recording?
    Have you changed stream type to DVB from IPTV on all your streams?

Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 12-06-17 at 20:44.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ive had quite a few tests with iptv some provide a pretty good bouquet,some just all in one bouquet which you can have a bit play about with with an editor.not sure how they will run on a long run with channel ref change.we have been spoon fed with ABM which updatated all ref changes

12. The Following User Says Thank You to goosegog For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (12-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Have you changed stream type to DVB from IPTV on all your streams?

Actually with this provider they come already as DVB in Echannelizer, most UK even have EPG already too

Title
    Thanks
    Most likely your provider has restrictions imposed on recordings.

dbmx
    Most likely your provider has restrictions imposed on recordings.

I agree with Andy its the provider.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dbmx For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (13-06-17)

Title
    Thanks
    It's 100% the provider.
    Sent from my Philips C12

18. The Following User Says Thank You to seame For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (13-06-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The little issue I have I don't believe is provider because I can record fine on two different boxes at same time. It's just appears to glitch when recording an IPTV channel and watching another IPTV channel. It's fine if recording IPTV channel and watching FTA channel.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast