Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97
  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    Recording IPTV - hangs box \ glitches - but works fine on older image

    Hi Guys,

    Thought i'd post on here with some findings re IPTV on my DUO2

    For ages, i havent been able to record my IPTV service, the box hangs after hitting record, or starts to glitch heavily until recording is stopped, and the channel changed.

    Now, i just thought the DUO2 (and maybe SOLO2) just were unable to record IPTV - i was ready to ditch the box in favour of the Mutant HD51 which i know records IPTV fine - anyhow, i discovered a thread when doing a google search, which mentioned an OLD Apollo v23 image was working fine for recording IPTV but later images 2.24 , 3,4,and 5 dont.

    I went about some testing, I couldnt find v23 ANYWHERE, i eventually managed to get hold on Apollo v15 and v24 image from 2014 with the help of a forum member.

    I flashed my box with Apollo v15 not expecting much, low and behold, i could record it, there is a freeze after a few moments, but if you goto recordings and playback the currently recording stream, it plays back fine, and therefore records fine - the same was true for v24.

    I then tried openvix-3.2.037, followed by openvix-4.2.030 and openvix-5.0.014

    all of the glitched or hung when i tried doing the same.

    OBVIOUSLY lots has hanged since Apollo and todays builds, but i wonder what specifically changes the issue with IPTV recordings.

    For now, im stuck on an ancient image, but at least i can use sat and iptv and get reliable recordings.

    if you need any further tests, im happy to help, would be great to get IPTV recording working on latest images.

    thanks all!

    EDIT: This is when using IPTV service from BOUQUET using e_channelizer app to import the .m3u, and then changing the stream type from IPTV to DVB, im on a 100Mbps connection in case bandwidth is raised.
    Last edited by manikm; 29-05-17 at 10:59.

  2. #2
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Blu-ray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,138
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 140 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manikm View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Thought i'd post on here with some findings re IPTV on my DUO2

    For ages, i havent been able to record my IPTV service, the box hangs after hitting record, or starts to glitch heavily until recording is stopped, and the channel changed.

    Now, i just thought the DUO2 (and maybe SOLO2) just were unable to record IPTV - i was ready to ditch the box in favour of the Mutant HD51 which i know records IPTV fine - anyhow, i discovered a thread when doing a google search, which mentioned an OLD Apollo v23 image was working fine for recording IPTV but later images 2.24 , 3,4,and 5 dont.

    I went about some testing, I couldnt find v23 ANYWHERE, i eventually managed to get hold on Apollo v15 and v24 image from 2014 with the help of a forum member.

    I flashed my box with Apollo v15 not expecting much, low and behold, i could record it, there is a freeze after a few moments, but if you goto recordings and playback the currently recording stream, it plays back fine, and therefore records fine - the same was true for v24.

    I then tried openvix-3.2.037, followed by openvix-4.2.030 and openvix-5.0.014

    all of the glitched or hung when i tried doing the same.

    OBVIOUSLY lots has hanged since Apollo and todays builds, but i wonder what specifically changes the issue with IPTV recordings.

    For now, im stuck on an ancient image, but at least i can use sat and iptv and get reliable recordings.

    if you need any further tests, im happy to help, would be great to get IPTV recording working on latest images.

    thanks all!

    EDIT: This is when using IPTV service from BOUQUET using e_channelizer app to import the .m3u, and then changing the stream type from IPTV to DVB, im on a 100Mbps connection in case bandwidth is raised.
    Nice work i am sure your test on a old Vix image will help a lot of members struggling with iptv recording. And how did you change stream type from IPTV to DVB ???.

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    In echanneliser u can highlight all your channels in bouquet and right click and choose change stream type from iptv to dvb

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Blu-ray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,138
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 140 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manikm View Post
    In echanneliser u can highlight all your channels in bouquet and right click and choose change stream type from iptv to dvb

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Was that a single or multiroom iptv you tested for recordings ?? and have you tried recording 2 channels while watching another.

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Yes. If u mean iptv channels. It only works on one channel. But at least u get guaranteed recordings and glitch free. U can switch to sat tv and the recording still works. Interestingly I don't think gstreamer is on this old image...relevant?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by manikm; 29-05-17 at 11:57.

  6. #6
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Blu-ray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,138
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 140 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manikm View Post
    Yes. If u mean iptv channels. It only works on one channel. But at least u get guaranteed recordings and glitch free. U can switch to sat tv and the recording still works. Interestingly I don't think gstreamer is on this old image...relevant?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Can you give us the link for Apollo 24 like to test my Vu+Duo2 with quad tuners & multiroom iptv before i sell it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Link to other forum removed

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 29-05-17 at 19:09. Reason: link removed

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to manikm For This Useful Post:

    Blu-ray (29-05-17)

  9. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 116 Times in 81 Posts
    I have recorded IPTV fine on my Duo2 using ViX 5.0.13. I downloaded a userbouquet in OE2 format rather than M3U format, then just copy the userbouquet to the box. I did try echanneliser a while ago but it put malware on my PC and didn't seem intuitive, so I binned it. I've also edited the userbouquet in ultraedit, adding the Sat service refs to the UK channels and I get EPG as well.

    Just done a test and recorded 3 separate IPTV channels at the same time

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

    Blu-ray (29-05-17)

  11. #9
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Thanks how can I change to try oe2 format

    Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    dfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    Was that a single or multiroom iptv you tested for recordings ?? and have you tried recording 2 channels while watching another.
    You will need 3 IPTV connections altogether to be able to do that.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

  13. #11
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    dfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    Can you give us the link for Apollo 24 like to test my Vu+Duo2 with quad tuners & multiroom iptv before i sell it.
    The tuners in the duo2 have nothing to do with IPTV so doesn't really matter if you have 4 tuners.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

  14. #12
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Blu-ray's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,138
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 140 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    You will need 3 IPTV connections altogether to be able to do that.

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    I can record 3 channels on my Mut@nt HD51 without 3 connections. Was asking if it was possible with a Vu+Duo2 he was testing with the Apollo Vix image he was testing.

  15. #13
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    dfox's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 38 Times in 35 Posts
    How can you record 3 without having 3 IPTV connections? You have multi room don't you?

    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

  16. #14
    ViX Beta Tester Andy_Hazza's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    5,380
    Thanks
    1,292
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manikm View Post
    In echanneliser u can highlight all your channels in bouquet and right click and choose change stream type from iptv to dvb

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    What will this achieve?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

  17. #15
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    What will this achieve?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was a reply to post #2 mate

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •