Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not A Good Marketing Move.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emulated View Post
    The Gigablue UHD Quad 4K has much more built in features than VU+ Solo4K
    Stop measurebating!

Solo4K was a pioneer. It took about 6 months to get all the problems ironed out with FBC tuners, etc. With the current image and drivers it now works almost flawlessly. The Gigablue is not pioneer so should be able to get it perfect first time. Let's wait and see.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Not measurebating in any way, simply getting ideas and thoughts from others. Having been duped in some ways years ago when Dreambox were considered the bees knees and I was not alone in being swayed by the price, thinking it must be good because of the price tag.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Solo4K was a pioneer. It took about 6 months to get all the problems ironed out with FBC tuners, etc. With the current image and drivers it now works almost flawlessly. The Gigablue is not pioneer so should be able to get it perfect first time. Let's wait and see.
    Yep, agree with that statement - except of course the users were pioneers, Vu+ just took the money regardless - now I hope GB will not repeat the exercise
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    keep hoping, every company takes the money regardless lol. Vu are no different to any other.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Thanks
    I guess it's a tough world out there in making and selling receivers so you can understand the hype and build up. My mate ordered a GB 4K through me from Germany because he has a dispute with Paypal where they hang on to some money to check it's not money laundering, he sold a £900 metal detector to someone in France. Had another 10 day delay in despatch for the GB 4K due to late arrival from the makers. They were very take it or leave it so he cancelled the order. Told its usually best to buy in the UK for warranty return costs. I'm hanging on for the 4k boxes here. Never known so many new boxes with late deliveries. Must be popular.

Title
    Thanks
    I guess it's a tough world out there in making and selling receivers so you can understand the hype and build up. My mate ordered a GB 4K through me from Germany because he has a dispute with Paypal where they hang on to some money to check it's not money laundering, he sold a £900 metal detector to someone in France. Had another 10 day delay in despatch for the GB 4K due to late arrival from the makers. They were very take it or leave it so he cancelled the order. Told its usually best to buy in the UK for warranty return costs. I'm hanging on for the 4k boxes here. Never known so many new boxes with late deliveries. Must be popular.
    I believe the GB boxes came in to the main dealer on time, but they have been updating the drivers etc almost every day since, so by the time they are available from WoS hopefully better.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info I will tell my mate but glad he has cancelled his order a way out for me as I would probably have waited for the money. I will wait for a few months to see how it all pans out and if Gigablue get their act together. maybe it is to early for all the 4K receivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info I will tell my mate but glad he has cancelled his order a way out for me as I would probably have waited for the money. I will wait for a few months to see how it all pans out and if Gigablue get their act together. maybe it is to early for all the 4K receivers.
    No, both the Mut@nt 4K and Octagon 4K are really excellent value for money.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    No, both the Mut@nt 4K and Octagon 4K are really excellent value for money.
    i have seen the Mutant, yes it is a good receiver but a pity they never spent a tiny bit more on a rear power switch. Still waiting for the Octagon, looks good but I am going to see what your review of the GB 4K says. With wifey away you will be able to spend hours checking it all out. The only other one I really like is the VU+ Ultimo 4K, appears to have everything but a bit to pricey for me.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm looking to purchase a new 4K STB.
    I have three static dishes and one motorised dish at present, using one diseqc switch on my VU-DUO2 with three S2 tuners.

Ideally I want 3x DVB-S2 tuners (S2x not important ATM but may be futureproofing?) and facility to use my existing 3.5" 1.5TB HDD (most likely this will have to be external).

I've short listed Mutant HD51, Octagon sf4008 and GigaBlue quad 4K. They all have advantages and disadvantages.

eg
    Mutant - cheapest, good image support but only 2 tuners, alleged poor remote and no eSATA.
    Octagon - mid priced and good in most departments but no OpenPli support, no stream-relay support (still?) and no eSATA.
    GigaBlue - a lot more expensive and most features. However, no OpenPli or ViX images (yet) or DVB-S2x.

What are other important characteristics I should be considering? eg Blindscan etc?
    What is the general consensus here which will be the best buy to suit my needs now (and perhaps in the future)?

Title
    Thanks
    Has anybody a current opinion of these boxes for me, please?

Title
    Thanks
    I think that this has been answered many times, even in recent posts, however for the last time my thoughts.
    Mut@nt, only 2 tuners, don,t say a lot but since FCS have shipped .... updates, Kodi, S2x tuner, HbbTV
    Octagon, 3 tuners including S2x, say a lot, but since FCS have shipped .... updates
    Giga 4K, 2 FBC tuners plus optional pnp C/T tuner. For me all works fine, but there are announced features that currently are not supported, and a few bugs like Deep Standby, so an update is apparently imminent (but ....?). Probably too early to decide if GigaBlue will deliver or not and like Vu+ they keep absolute silence!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

007.4 (12-07-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12