Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Image flashing: OPenVix 5,4,3 Vs 2

Title
    Thanks

Image flashing: OPenVix 5,4,3 Vs 2

I have original Vu+ Duo box running OpenVIX 2.2.100. I cannot stream IPTV and have tried various things.So my final solution was to update the Image.

Tried Vix 5 - STB stuck at Starting after flashing. The same happens if I flash rev 4 or 3. Upgraded Bootloader to CFE 3, still the same issue. Only old 2.2.100 works!

1. Examining contents of Vuplus/Duo folder within Rev 5,4 & 3 I see 5 files as compared to 3 in Vuplus/Duo folder. Why the latest rev have 5 files while the old rev has 3? Coould this be my problem?

2. Someone on Vuplus images forum suggested to increase swap file via Swap manager. Managed to do this while still on 2.2.100 and all was ok. But doesn't flashing a new image overwrites the swap file size? Do Swap file size is a problem or something else?

3. Why IPTV doesn't work on 2.2.100?

- I have a plugin installed enigma2-plugin-extensions-m2b_0.5-r0_all
    - Converted successfully M3U to .tv (Bouquet)
    - Bouquet can be seen on the Bouquet list with all the channels listed
    - When selecting the channel nothing comes on the TV!

- Tried to play M3U on VLC on laptop and all is fine.
    - Tried to upload it in the Samsung TV App (SSIPTV) and it works.

So it's only the Box that is giving me problem. I tried to convert M3U to Enigma 2 format using http://iptv-freelinks.blogspot.com/p...o-enigma2.html and used Dreambox Edit to create an IPTV bouquet and paste etc..Again the IPTV Bouquet shows on the Bouquet list but when selecting the channel, nothing works!

Next thing I did was to update to the latest Openvix image (5 0 014, 4 0 002, 3 2 0 37) and Bootloader (Duo 2 CFE V2). The latest Image didn't work as the box was stuck on Starting after programming the new image via USB. When examining the contents of the new image in the Vuplus/Duo folder, I noticed 5 files instead of 3 files. My box has 2011 image (3 files) and I can update all images with 3 files in the Duo folder but the latest vix images have 5 files and I cannot flash my box. Well I can flash them using the USB but after removing the USB and restating the Box, it gets stuck on Starting!

Question:
    1. Are all the latest images backward compatible with Old VU+ Duo box. Mine is 2010 box.
    2. Why 5 files instead of 3? And why my box is failing to install the latest images? I have tried Rel 5, 4 and the last was 3 2 0 37. Flashing process is fine and ask for reboot after removing the USB stick, but then gets stuck on Starting...
    3. How can I play IPTV streams on my current box or do I have to install the latest image and now?
    4. Which Vix image supports IPTV and has 3 files in the duo folder?

Thansk

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    1) ViX 5 works on the original Duo. Can you give more information about what is not happening for you.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I think I have gone into details of what doesn't work!

1. IPTV not working on 2.2.100. I can see the IPTV Bouquet on the Bouquet list but when I select a channel nothing happens. So decided to upgrade the image just in case old image is the reason why IPTV is not working.

2. Flashed latest image 5.0.14. Bootloader CFE 3 etc but after flashing and rebooting the box, the box is stuck at Starting...!!! Nothing appears on the TV screen. When I flash back 2.2.100 the box boots up normally but again can't get IPTV working!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ... so you don't see the startup wizard dialogue after flashing 5.0.014?

Title
    Thanks
    By the way I changed the swap file size via swap manager to 96MB while still running 2.2.100. When I flashed 5.0.14 and stuck on startup, I reflashed 2.2.100 and when typed free on telnet, swap file size was 0! Is this the reason why my box is stuck in Starting...?

Title
    Thanks
    No I don't get anything displayed on TV...Just starting... on the box! Tried with 4 and 3 builds but still not working! I think Swap file or Flushmem is an issue! How do I resolve?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Your issue maybe a clone receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Can you try the bootloader from here

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...s/bootloaders/